Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Because a lot of this storm is from the ground up....it's not surprising other guidance doesn't have as heavy of a swath inland as the euro. They aren't penetrating the cold Arctic air as much. I'm a little skeptical of the extent that the euro shoots the BL warm front inland. It's prob overdone. 

I do think there will be a nice enhanced zone somewhere but prob not quite as juiced and extensive as the euro. 

Yeah that makes sense.  It's not like its intense mid/upper level lift, so if that low level thermal gradient is less, there's less precip and less frontogenic forcing right?

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

The National Weather Service says prepare for 5"-7", I come on here, and every model map gives me 1"-3" haha.  And what is that Quincy to Brockton back to Pembroke special winter weather advisory thing for 6"?  Is that OES and separate?  

Thankfully I'm still in a flood warning.   No mention of advisories or watches here

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Who cares. With 40s next weekend and another cutter, it will only melt

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hopefully we don't get any more snow the rest of the winter. It will all just melt in the spring anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nah it won't be paste that far inland. 

I don’t get this affinity for wet snow that Kevin all of a sudden is opining for???

I mean any snow is good snow in my opinion.  Being inland I like powdery snow..rather than the gloppy wet stuff if I had a choice.  Not that anybody can control what they get or not anyway....but the wet stuff for me is not as nice. 

And if he thinks/wants it cuz it’s gonna be meatier (man snow so to speak) and last a bit longer...that warm up is gonna vaporize it either way..wet snow or powder it’s gone no matter what.  

9 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Same. Expecting snow to rain here right on the coast. 

You might avoid any issues on the north shore. Cape Ann does stick out so maybe at the height but it wouldn't surprise me if you don't mix at all. I think the euro is the only model that mixes there. 

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks like a heavy emphasis on the Euro

StormTotalSnowWeb 01-15-18.png

Love that 8-12 swath in the Monadnock  region of SW NH. Aunt lived in Troy-Fitzwilliam area all her life and kept note of temps and snowfall. Beautiful region. Nice climate. Milder than many places in the summer, too. Elevation keeps temps down. When Keene is literally torched in July, Troy will be warm with a nice breeze off the mountain.

Archived