Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Watch Reggie very closely starting tonight. Once it gets inside of 36 hours it has exceptionally accurate thermals. It's better than the euro in close range on the thermals. So we will see if it tries the same thing as the euro...that would give it more credence. My guess is the final solution ends up a little more tame than the euro. 

I've noticed its been less then stellar on its qpf field so far this winter, Been overdone in many instance and underdone in others, Not very consistent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I've noticed its been less then stellar on its qpf field so far this winter, Been overdone in many instance and underdone in others, Not very consistent.

Qpf is the lowest scoring parameter on all guidance. So it's no surprise when some models go into slumps. But the thermals are usually very good on rgem. It was colder for Christmas (which was correct...tho euro was also good in that storm too) and showed the pre-Xmas thermals very well...even the brief inch of snow we had before it went to ZR. 

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

For me it's been the RGEM that's been terrible.  That thing has had some whoppers blown up here.  It was coldest in the last event up here that never really snowed, more like a couple inches of sand.  Had me with like 8" right before go-time.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

For me it's been the RGEM that's been terrible.  That thing has had some whoppers blown up here.  It was coldest in the last event up here that never really snowed, more like a couple inches of sand.  Had me with like 8" right before go-time.

Its been inconsistent, That's what i have noticed.

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Qpf is the lowest scoring parameter on all guidance. So it's no surprise when some models go into slumps. But the thermals are usually very good on rgem. It was colder for Christmas (which was correct...tho euro was also good in that storm too) and showed the pre-Xmas thermals very well...even the brief inch of snow we had before it went to ZR. 

I know you have mentioned this on many occasions about its strength in the thermal profile,  I have not looked at it as far as upper level stuff this winter because these events for here anyways has been cut n dry as far as these storms have gone, They either have been cold or warm for the most part except for one back in Dec where we had a mixed bag and we were close to the temp gradient.

Archived