Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Hopefully, just saying what it shows. Wish we could see the ukie at 925.

The Euro and Ukie have basically the same track so it does have some merit, Whether the upper levels a right or not, That's the question, The trend has been NW with the slp and amped up with more qpf, GFS typically not as good with coastal's, So i wouldn't be surprised to see some correction as its late to the party as well as it usually corrects as we get closer.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’d still weigh Euro >50%.

Yeah I'd weight it around 70/30. Though sometimes maybe more like 60/40 if it's kind of an outlier. 950mb 0C prob won't stay near PYM but I'm not buying all of RI and into Ray's fanny either. Just seems too overdone given the track and antecedent airmass. I'd want to see a sfc low basically over 128 or 495 to get the warmth that far west in this airmass.  

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'd weight it around 70/30. Though sometimes maybe more like 60/40 if it's kind of an outlier. 950mb 0C prob won't stay near PYM but I'm not buying all of RI and into Ray's fanny either. Just seems too overdone given the track and antecedent airmass. I'd want to see a sfc low basically over 128 or 495 to get the warmth that far west in this airmass.  

I think se of Boston is problematic.....laid that out well on the my firs call early this morning.

Just now, dryslot said:

The Euro and Ukie have basically the same track so it does have some merit, Whether the upper levels a right or not, That's the question, The trend has been NW with the slp and amped up with more qpf, GFS typically not as good with coastal's, So i wouldn't be surprised to see some correction with it as well as it usually does as we get closer.

It(GFS) loves the northern stream.  And as has been stated before, this is a big theta-e injection from the southern stream which may warm things a bit.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro is warm, because it’s dry slotting.  Precipitation is not helping to keep it more isothermal below 850. So, I don’t think it’s off it’s rocker. If it’s wrong, it’s probably because it’s too dry in those areas. 

Nothing worse than a dry slot.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Personally, I’ll take the slot if it’s going to be 1” of slop and rain. It’s funny how some toss the euro when the solution starts to get dicey for a lot of people. Still time for this to end up west again.

I agree. It would not shock me if It ticked west.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I agree. It would not shock me if It ticked west.

The other models seem to be at least inching in that direction as well. 

Can’t have it both ways though. Expect and need a west trend on most events this year and then magically expect an east trend when the west move starts to become problematic.

I like ORH NW in this

Watch Reggie very closely starting tonight. Once it gets inside of 36 hours it has exceptionally accurate thermals. It's better than the euro in close range on the thermals. So we will see if it tries the same thing as the euro...that would give it more credence. My guess is the final solution ends up a little more tame than the euro. 

Archived