Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CT Rain said:

Weird system. It's garbage at 500/250mb with an open wave that's trying to amplify a smidge... but you've got this baroclinic wave off NC that's just sort of sitting there and it gets drawn into the weak UL system and you wind up with a decent storm. 

I joked the other day, but it's basically a little low level theta-e bastard helping to fuel things. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

This could be a pretty good event. There's some good things going with it. Nice baroclinic zone, the snow growth region is pretty deep on a lot of the soundings I looked at, and there is prob going to be some LL convergence/CF enhancement as well off the coastline. 

Id watch for solid warning snow potential outside of 128 and esp along the 495 belt down toward 84 through CT

Agree.

Watch for a mini 12-13-07 traffic debacle Wed AM if folks dont use their heads. This is going to catch some off guard.

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Weird system. It's garbage at 500/250mb with an open wave that's trying to amplify a smidge... but you've got this baroclinic wave off NC that's just sort of sitting there and it gets drawn into the weak UL system and you wind up with a decent storm. 

Going to up the forecast from 2-4?

I actually think snow growth will be sort of meh south of the Pike at least. This is all a warm advection bomb with the lift in the lowest 7 or 8kft of the atmosphere. The snow growth zone stays saturated around 650mb but most of the lift is super low as that wave of high theta e comes streaming north. 

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I actually think snow growth will be sort of meh south of the Pike at least. This is all a warm advection bomb with the lift in the lowest 7 or 8kft of the atmosphere. The snow growth zone stays saturated around 650mb but most of the lift is super low as that wave of high theta e comes streaming north. 

I hate when you punch us in the gut with meh snow growth...that’s usually the kiss of death to limit amounts and impact. 

Archived