Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks maybe a little warm there but all other guidance keeps you below 0C at 950mb which means it's prob gonna be paste snow there. Euro is prob a little too happy with that CF advancement. 

It's going to be a sharp cutoff as the the low is developing along the frontal boundary itself that is pushing eastward.  I'd hedge a bit as well to the cooler side.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Bah, probably slop down here. Good luck inland. We'll try again in February. On an unrelated note, a few mood flakes here this morning, which I did not expect. Figured CT River was as far as it would get.

I wouldn’t count yourself out. Could be a difference between immediate coast and a few miles inland like the merrit.

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This could be a pretty good event. There's some good things going with it. Nice baroclinic zone, the snow growth region is pretty deep on a lot of the soundings I looked at, and there is prob going to be some LL convergence/CF enhancement as well off the coastline. 

Id watch for solid warning snow potential outside of 128 and esp along the 495 belt down toward 84 through CT

Surprised more watches/warnings haven't gone up for CT.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's just where the confidence is highest. Doesn't mean it can't or won't be extended. 

Understandable but overwhelming majority of models at the very least have a decent event (2-4 / 3-6) for most of CT with exception of immediate coast line.  Would think at least an advisory at this point

Kind of a "little critter" ... 

It's got some moving pahts ... not really very typically structured, but real as meso nuanced features...  Frontogen here... CF convergence there...  toss in some thickness gradient because of that persistent ENE flow ... and it's got some intangibles that could feed-in and in total, over produce relative to the 50,000 foot synoptic evolution. 

This could be one of those deal where you have a general 2-4" but  polka dot 7 pops ... The other aspect is that this is a SPV that is opening up... I think that enters some wild card in model handling arguments... That could ignite a jet structure favorable for a NJ Model detonation ...sort of like instantiating a cyclogenesis profile, more so than one delivering to the region from the west.   That, in its self, should give a little pause -

Archived