Newest Member
    Dano62
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lookout said:

yep pretty big increase. and the 0z nam continues the trend of the hrrr of being slower ending the snow too...earlier runs had the snow over by 6 or 7am for my location..now it's closer to 10am. Which is pretty important as that band might be putting snow down pretty good. 

wouldn't be shocked if ffc upgraded to a warning for parts of their cwa. 

you look to be in a really solid spot lookout, perhaps close to the best in georgia.

what time does hrrr have the snow ending in ATL?  sorry i dont have that map

I just want to say thanks before the fun begins.  I love hanging out here and watching the models, banter and expertise back and forth.  Here’s to hoping it covers my grass here in Stanfield, east of Chatlotte!!   Either way mother nature takes us Is OK but sure hoping we get a good one.  Enjoy the ride!!

Cloudy and 40 degrees

9 minutes ago, Lookout said:

yep pretty big increase. and the 0z nam continues the trend of the hrrr of being slower ending the snow too...earlier runs had the snow over by 6 or 7am for my location..now it's closer to 10am. Which is pretty important as that band might be putting snow down pretty good. 

wouldn't be shocked if ffc upgraded to a warning for parts of their cwa. 

SREF mean now at 3.2 inches for GSP. The lowest member now is 1.5 inches. That is what what the mean was earlier. Talk about a jump. Dang. Lol. 

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

3k NAM and 12K went more Neutral.... Man what a beauty!

nam3km_z500_vort_seus_16.png

Me thinks there is still going to be some surprises with this system. That is a great look at 500. The digging really hasn’t stopped since Monday 18z run. If I had to take a stab I would say the precip field will be a little more expansive, even on the northwestern side of the storm. Hope I’m right for people really praying for snow right now, including myself.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Me thinks there is still going to be some surprises with this system. That is a great look at 500. The digging really hasn’t stopped since Monday 18z run. If I had to take a stab I would say the precip field will be a little more expansive, even on the northwestern side of the storm. Hope I’m right for people really praying for snow right now, including myself.

Yeah, but I'm losing potential totals for that tilt.  Oh well.

5 minutes ago, RTPGiants said:

For those of us in the Triangle, this westward shift is worrying. There's a sharp cutoff that could easily start edging its way to Wake and west.

I’ve been worried about it for awhile because it really does seem to happen to Wake County every time.  When I voiced concern about the NW trend earlier several much more knowledgeable posters told me not to worry, so I am going to try my best not to!

11 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

you look to be in a really solid spot lookout, perhaps close to the best in georgia.

what time does hrrr have the snow ending in ATL?  sorry i dont have that map

yeah i'm about as good as place as any i suppose. hopefully it works out. 

hrrr/nam has the snow ending in atlanta around sunrise to 7am. 

btw, the hrrr now has low temps of ZERO along the alabama/georgia border now tomorrow morning. Other models are only in the teens so maybe a bit overdone but Considering temps are running a bit colder than progged across tn/alabama.....single digits certainly don't seem unreasonable. Just wild considering temps here will be in the mid to upper 20s at the same time. 

hrrr_T2m_seus_13.png

1 minute ago, snowinnc said:

I’ve been worried about it for awhile because it really does seem to happen to Wake County every time.  When I voiced concern about the NW trend earlier several much more knowledgeable posters told me not to worry, so I am going to try my best not to!

A lot of the maps that show the sharp cutoff are valid at 18Z.  The snow will continue much longer than that.  The other maps that show this are still good for wake.  

We barely had an inch last time and it was good.  2-3" at the least would be awesome this time.  

Archived