Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

6 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Blacksburg, says Frosty MIGHT get an inch??? lol  Good luck and Enjoy guys to the south and east of Frosty's winter wonderland!!!

TONIGHT...Cloudy. Scattered flurries this evening, then snow
likely after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows in
the mid 20s. Light and variable winds, becoming northwest around
10 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent. 
.WEDNESDAY...Mostly cloudy in the morning, then becoming mostly
sunny. Scattered flurries. Highs around 30. Northwest winds 10 to
15 mph. 

I live just north of you in Burke County(Valdese). One thing we have on our side is the latest HRRR and RAP both have our areas getting 3-5 inches. Think we will do fine.

hrrr.PNG

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Hrrr really wants to jackpot northern Greenville county in South Carolina. Heavy precip blossoms there around 4am and stays anchored in the same spot for 4 hours. I tend to buy this because at also jackpots the Southern Mountains... those guys always find a way to jack pot.

hrrr_asnow_seus_18.png

10am and wake barely getting anything yet?    RAH has precip arriving around 6am

3 minutes ago, Duncana12 said:

I live just north of you in Burke County(Valdese). One thing we have on our side is the latest HRRR and RAP both have our areas getting 3-5 inches. Think we will do fine.

hrrr.PNG

I'm north of you, I'm in Surry County which boarders Va. I think you will do much better than me!

7 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I'm north of you, I'm in Surry County which boarders Va. I think you will do much better than me!

At least the models are starting to give us a little something in Surry County.

I've seen 1-2 inches possible. Surprised we are not in at least a WWA.

5 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

At least the models are starting to give us a little something in Surry County.

I've seen 1-2 inches possible. Surprised we are not in at least a WWA.

It's got to be a slam dunk before Blacksburg comes to the table. And they will always be the last office to issue a WWA or WSW, they finally included Yadkin County in a WWA

4 minutes ago, Duncana12 said:

Lol I must have got you mixed up with someone else. I thought you was in Rutherford county.

How much would you say I would get?

IDK but I bet more than me, most of the good moisture will scoot off just to my SE. (unless there's more changes) Would be my guess...... I'll guess you get 2-3 me D-2

24 minutes ago, GlaringSun said:

Hoping the ATL area gets more and longer-lasting precipitation (snow) than forecasted... Can anyone comment on this?

We are all sort of in the same boat...in a wait and see mode. wsb is reporting snow is already starting to mix in north of town though. 

2 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Hrrr really slowed the onset of precip here in the upstate from previous runs allowing for temps to be right at the onset. 

it's also slowed the end of it...it's about 2 hours slower vs earlier runs here. 

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Lol! The 0 degree 850 line is near Charleston 

Oh, I’m not saying it isn’t going to be cold just that the air in KY TN isn’t coming here.  That super cold air is less than 2,000 feet thick.........it isn’t going over 5-6,000 ft. Mountains

8 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

Greenville County (SC) Schools will not decide until 6am "at the latest" because "the forecast models are simply too inconsistent for us to do so at this time"

Same for Oconee. I can agree with that here but gville never had a snow hole. Think neither goes to school because a couple inches on some of the untreated roads will be bad.

Wentbto work down and out about our chances along with ne ga but always had hope for rgem and cmc to be right. This will be a score for them if it pans out.

13 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

RAP shows basically no snow for the Triangle.

21z rap has 1.75 inches of snow in RDU by the end of it's run and more to come per the meteogram generator:

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/image_loader.phtml?site=krdu&nam=on&nam_mos=on&namm=on&gfs_mos=on&gfs=on&gfsm_mos=on&gfsm=on&nws=on&rap=on&obs=on&nam4km=on&con=on&ratio=11&max_t=on&cobb=on&compaction=on&mean_mt=on&max_mt=on&mean=on

1 minute ago, packfan98 said:

That also shows the temperature rising to near 35...

Archived