Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CummingGaSnow said:

So I guess the N 'Burbs of ATL will struggle to get accumulating snow?

Hard to know right now.  This is still evolving.  Its a night event so I would expect this accumulates based on temps easily.  I think the upper end ceiling for that area is 2-3 inches at this time and that is assuming we see a big uptick in the next 36 hours.

11 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

DT tweet!!

UPDATE ON 0Z MONDAY MODEL AND WED JAN 17 SNOWSTORM - many of the model are turning STRONGLY to the European Model as the close off a 500 low over wva va = more snow - here is 0z CANADIAN

Agree on the CMC, it looks pretty much like the morning Euro aloft.  NAM and GFS aren't there though. Tonight's UKMet is maybe slightly improved, but I don't think it's quite there yet either 

50 minutes ago, Poimen said:

You all are going to love the GGEM. Looks good on the old black and white maps for much of NC...significant qpf increases over the eastern half the state especially. 

Yeah but its mostly rain lol.....need the NAM cold and the CMC QPF then we will be hitting on something....we get a slushy 1-2" but have .50" QPF so we lose most of it to rain....cant win em all I guess.

gem_apcpn_seus_14.thumb.png.b41b128cc0a8b30e486f3ca46c705311.png

2 minutes ago, snowlover91 said:

German model closes this off and beefed qpf up significantly from the previous run. 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Similar to the CMC, both close it to late and a little to far north to really make it a solid event in NC....still looks better than the earlier runs today...the CMC closes it off right over the Va Capes

gem_z500_vort_seus_15.thumb.png.7363186bc1051d5c695d62c9891309e2.png

Archived