Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Wow said:

Pretty good outcome overall when you recall that this didn't even show up on any models until we were within 5-6 days.

I think that is when we actually have a legit shot at a good storm here. The big ones that show up 10 days out hardly work out. But when we have one that pops up 5 days out and slowly evolve over the next few days, that usually turns out to be the real deal.

6 minutes ago, griteater said:

And it was pretty sad looking just 2-3 days ago 

Very sad looking. I think the short range models ending up doing a great job. I know some bullets were being sweated this morning, but I would assume most, not all, but most are cool with the out come. I love this sport :)

3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I think that is when we actually have a legit shot at a good storm here. The big ones that show up 10 days out hardly work out. But when we have one that pops up 5 days out and slowly evolve over the next few days, that usually turns out to be the real deal.

I agree. Longer the lead time seems to have a greater letdown. However, in the SE you must see and smell the snow before you give in.  

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

Dunno got think the ratios will make it pretty good....1" would be possible....

Hope so.  We finally got the ratios this afternoon late.  Made a tremendous difference in the presentation and intensity of the snowfall, as one would expect.  Hope you guys can get in on the action.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Hope so.  We finally got the ratios this afternoon late.  Made a tremendous difference in the presentation and intensity of the snowfall, as one would expect.  Hope you guys can get in on the action.

meh zippo so far some nice flakes but unless something silly happens with the coastal we will be lucky to squeeze out a inch or two.....HRRR gives me 4-5" between 11-4 tonight with the coastal but I think its bonkers. 

7 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

meh zippo so far some nice flakes but unless something silly happens with the coastal we will be lucky to squeeze out a inch or two.....HRRR gives me 4-5" between 11-4 tonight with the coastal but I think its bonkers. 

It was a little high here, but it was pretty good with the general idea.  Hopefully it’s onto something.

Archived