• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

Seems like it's staying a bit warmer just miles to the east, but in Cary the heavier bands are definitely all heavy snow. Just looking out the window at the deck looks like a couple of inches already and the roads are mostly covered now. I'm surprised it seems to cut off so quickly for the Raleigh people.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, soonercane said:

Seems like it's staying a bit warmer just miles to the east, but in Cary the heavier bands are definitely all heavy snow. Just looking out the window at the deck looks like a couple of inches already and the roads are mostly covered now. I'm surprised it seems to cut off so quickly for the Raleigh people.

It definitely has cut off for us.  Dang snow shield is working pretty well!

3 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Thanks.  So it looks like the best rates are already SE of Cary in Wake.  Will the heavier rates build back NW at all?

it's possible.  hard to predict exactly where it'll set up though. all indications point to the system's energy creating alot of lift up and down central NC so pockets of heavier rates could develop anywhere  at the height of the storm

12 minutes ago, Pilotwx said:

Looks like UL is going negative. Packing the gradient up against the  mountains. Hence back building and more moisture . also notice the fire hose in Central NC 

im just trying to learn.  Does this mean that its basically gonna skip over me for the rest of the storm, or will it eventually swing through with higher rates?

Archived