Newest Member
    Dano62
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

He always starts out on the very low ends.  And honestly, i don't  blame him.  Or any on air weather personality.  You throw out 4-5 inches and the storm only gives you 1, Everyone is on your twitter moaning and griping.  You throw out 1 inch totals and slowly work up to 4 inch totals the day of the storm.....only weather nerds like us on this forum give him crap.  

And in his favor, alot of these models that toss out 4-5 inches don't end up verifying.  This one just so happened to

Anyone is welcome to go to school and become a met and then forecast these snow storms in the SouthEast. It is incredible hard here. Also, just look at the great stuff said on his twitter and facebook if he busts the wrong way. I can only imagine some of the things that are said to his kids at school as well. Yes I know it's part of the job of being a tv met but I wouldn't want his job at all.

1 minute ago, Cornsnow said:

Anyone is welcome to go to school and become a met and then forecast these snow storms in the SouthEast. It is incredible hard here. Also, just look at the great stuff said on his twitter and facebook if he busts the wrong way. I can only imagine some of the things that are said to his kids at school as well. Yes I know it's part of the job of being a tv met but I wouldn't want his job at all.

yup, sadly, its just part of being "famous" these days.  There are people out there that are gonna talk trash to you just because.  Doesn't matter if hes right or wrong.  Really sad.

1 minute ago, snowinnc said:

We pretty much have flurries in North Central Wake County.  Can one of the experts please tell me that we legit have some good stuff coming because this is just depressing.  The snow shield must be over our neighborhood.

There's no way that yellow on the radar doesn't give you heavy snow within the next 15.

1 minute ago, snowinnc said:

We pretty much have flurries in North Central Wake County.  Can one of the experts please tell me that we legit have some good stuff coming because this is just depressing.  The snow shield must be over our neighborhood.

Look at the radar and the movement of precip, look at previous posts in this thread, read what the NWS Raleigh says, and various twitter accounts of local mets.  all the info is out there for you

17 minutes ago, wxdawg10 said:

Look at the radar and the movement of precip, look at previous posts in this thread, read what the NWS Raleigh says, and various twitter accounts of local mets.  all the info is out there for you

That’s the problem.  I have been reading everything and everything says that we should be getting moderate to heavy snow but we aren’t.  I would say it’s light to moderate at best.  It’s just bizarre.

Archived