SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in the Observation thread but then realized it may be better suited for this thread:

The western edge has not moved in the last hour and 15 minutes. In fact it has actually built up on the back edge and is more healthy than it was at 9:15 am.

First image from 9:31 AM. Second is 10:43 AM

5a5f7423402ce_931AM.thumb.jpeg.96dbbe853e39801bb5c2fed8fd74474c.jpeg

1043AM.jpeg

1 minute ago, wxdawg10 said:

SE wake folks relax. it took about 30 mins to get going here in Raleigh. Now it's ripping big flakes. NWS says heavy rates are gonna set up shop right over all of Wake Co.

No...we have a right to freak...been ripping here too and the temps are not falling. Still 36.5. Wral was sitting at 33 hours ago. There is definitely a temp issue here. While we end up with 1-2 inches...just west gets 10 inches. It gets old.

Very impressed with radar presentation as of last check. Heavier echoes building in over western NC mountains. Almost looks to be taking more of a north northeast heading rather than east northeast. I don’t think my neck of the woods is done yet. People to my south are going to cash in. 

13 minutes ago, SEwakenosnowforu said:

No...we have a right to freak...been ripping here too and the temps are not falling. Still 36.5. Wral was sitting at 33 hours ago. There is definitely a temp issue here. While we end up with 1-2 inches...just west gets 10 inches. It gets old.

Things are going exactly as modeled, give it time the temps will crash soon enough. You will see 4-6" easy as qpf is forecast to be around .8 to 1" per HRRR and temps are going to crash next few hours.

19 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I posted this in the Observation thread but then realized it may be better suited for this thread:

The western edge has not moved in the last hour and 15 minutes. In fact it has actually built up on the back edge and is more healthy than it was at 9:15 am.

First image from 9:31 AM. Second is 10:43 AM

The back edge is moving again.  Now in to McDowell and Rutherford Counties.

6 minutes ago, PGAWx said:

Maybe an inch huh Brad P?

He always starts out on the very low ends.  And honestly, i don't  blame him.  Or any on air weather personality.  You throw out 4-5 inches and the storm only gives you 1, Everyone is on your twitter moaning and griping.  You throw out 1 inch totals and slowly work up to 4 inch totals the day of the storm.....only weather nerds like us on this forum give him crap.  

And in his favor, alot of these models that toss out 4-5 inches don't end up verifying.  This one just so happened to

Just now, JoshWeather said:

He always starts out on the very low ends.  And honestly, i don't  blame him.  Or any on air weather personality.  You throw out 4-5 inches and the storm only gives you 1, Everyone is on your twitter moaning and griping.  You throw out 1 inch totals and slowly work up to 4 inch totals the day of the storm.....only weather nerds like us on this forum give him crap.  

And in his favor, alot of these models that toss out 4-5 inches don't end up verifying.  This one just so happened to

At least you aren't in Raleigh with the Fisch....I would listen watch brad any day over Fish..... And Brad will actually answer questions if you are trying to learn weather.

8 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Snowing heavy for 30 mins but absolutely no sticking in southern Wake. 

It’s sticking a bit to the grass and deck in Garner. Temp still says 36, I don’t think we’re going to get heavy accumulations until the temp comes down. I just hope this isn’t the typical NW Wake cashes in while SE gets fringed. 

I think we’ll be ok though!

1 minute ago, wakeboardncwx said:

At least you aren't in Raleigh with the Fisch....I would listen watch brad any day over Fish..... And Brad will actually answer questions if you are trying to learn weather.

i lived in raleigh for 5 years back between 2004 and 2009 and lived in the triangle area for most of my life before then.  Never liked fishel.  

Brad is very outgoing and takes the time to explain everything.  Even if hes wrong, i like the dude.  He won "weatherman of the year" or whatever for a reason

Archived