Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Just don't see the redevelopment . The back edge is RACING east. About all out of NGa entirely. Don't see any pivoting or anything

Its closing off now Mack..watch latest wv loop. Then turn neutral thats when you will see some re development..may be farther east than me..more toward you and dr franklin. And thats when NC poedmont will get great rates!

One heck of a sw front for sure that really performed for most all.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Its closing off now Mack..watch latest wv loop. Then turn neutral thats when you will see some re development..may be farther east than me..more toward you and dr franklin. And thats when NC poedmont will get great rates!

One heck of a sw front for sure that really performed for most all.

my rate seems to be increasing

2 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

my rate seems to be increasing

Right before it ended here it came down good for 30 minutes. Thats what gave me the .5"

Now is super fine flizzard with an occasional quarter mixed in...wierd. Havent seen theses sized flakes with this so far till now.

3 hours ago, VBsurf said:

Does anybody have any more information about any coastal enhancement later this evening?  Winter storm warning is up for the Outer Banks down to Hatteras.  Wondering any potential surprise impacts up in Virginia Beach.

i'm right on the coast here in SENC.. I'd say it's very possible?

I'm watch the radar..

Looks to be a Maritime **Seabreeze** front setting up right on the coast..  Clouds right on top of Me with Virga falling that I can see..   Folks just inland just may get Walloped! 

Capture.jpg

I've warmed to above freezing, but I know once the precip starts and the very cold pool aloft gets this far east it will fall back to below freezing. Interestingly though NWS has dropped my accumulation from 3-5 back down to 1-3. Will have to see once the that modeled area of increased rates gets going later today. I'm a little dubious of anyone doing much better than 5 inches with this though.

Archived