Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Well, the fetch looks good and the snow is coming down. I would assume we are good to go. 

This was as of 10pm and I assume this will change shortly. 

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Yeah I think me and you both should get around 2.5 inches to 4 inches. With local amounts maybe a tad higher. Warning criteria for us is 3 inches correct?

12 minutes ago, Poimen said:

It has taken a bit longer for us to drop below 32 than I imagined. It started snow about 2 hours ago with a temp of 34/35, we're just now at 32. Regardless, we have a solid dusting. 

Me too.  I take that as a good thing.  The longer we put off the NW and W winds the better.

23 minutes ago, Poimen said:

It has taken a bit longer for us to drop below 32 than I imagined. It started snow about 2 hours ago with a temp of 34/35, we're just now at 32. Regardless, we have a solid dusting. 

Weird that we are almost in the same place and have different results.  I have a solid 30° IMB and easily a solid inch on the deck railing.  I may be NW of you, near Walkertown, but surprised it would make that much difference.  Coming down nicely!

Just now, kvegas-wx said:

Weird that we are almost in the same place and have different results.  I have a solid 30° IMB and easily a solid inch on the deck railing.  I may be NW of you, near Walkertown, but surprised it would make that much difference.  Coming down nicely!

Yeah, I'm not that far from you on Piney Grove. We are falling steadily now and rates are increasing nicely. 

Archived