Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Rap is giving Greenville, SC .39 liquid.  Hrr is giving them .43 liquid.  Both models show less than .05 falling with temps above freezing.  Hard to imagine that area not getting at least 2 or 3 inches.

If the output happens as stated in this current model run I agree.  That is even with less than 10:1. 

5 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Perhaps I've been reading things incorrectly, but I thought precip was arriving in Wake County around 6-7AM and lasting for 6-7 hours.  That would have it ending around 1PM.

Has the timing shifted?  or amounts decreased?

Grit posted euro details from 12z that indicated roughly 12 hours of snowfall for RDU...7 to 7.  

7 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Perhaps I've been reading things incorrectly, but I thought precip was arriving in Wake County around 6-7AM and lasting for 6-7 hours.  That would have it ending around 1PM.

Has the timing shifted?  or amounts decreased?

Starting around 7am, best snows early afternoon 12-3pm, tapering off after that and ending by dark.

HRRR is definitely showing some enhancement along the escarpment w/ that meso low in NW SC(SE to NW sfc upslopping winds) and some frontogensis banding along that area due to the thermal boundary/temperature difference b/n the west/east sides of the mountains. Could definitely lead to some additional forcing/vertical motion in that area tonight.

Archived