Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

If the NW trend is real (it hasn't been so far with this storm), the GFS could cause problems for many here, especially CLT and RDU. Seems like it's indeed  playing catch up though with the short term models, though.

I've been through so many of the storms and  often that last minute shift. I posted a while back today there would be a NW shift.

5 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

BL temps will kill us in the Triangle, I guarantee it. You start seeing this trend and it won't get better. SREF is warmer too. If we are floating around 31/32, accumulations will be significantly curtailed.

As much as I hate agreeing with you I do.  Everyone seems so adamant about BL temps not being a problem but I just don’t see it.  9 times out of 10 it’s an issue and I think it will be now as well unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I think 4 is going to be the minimum around Wake with some getting at least 6.

I hope that you’re right but I think you’re wishcasting.  I think that 2”-4” is what we will end up with, which would thrill me.  The temps always end up being a concern in Wake County, always.  Even if there isn’t a last minute NW shift (which I’m not counting out right now) for temps will be an issue.

1 minute ago, snowinnc said:

I hope that you’re right but I think you’re wishcasting.  I think that 2”-4” is what we will end up with, which would thrill me.  The temps always end up being a concern in Wake County, always.  Even if there isn’t a last minute NW shift (which I’m not counting out right now) for temps will be an issue.

Okay. Lots of knowledgeable folks and mets have said temps won't be an issue here. 

Blacksburg, says Frosty MIGHT get an inch??? lol  Good luck and Enjoy guys to the south and east of Frosty's winter wonderland!!!

TONIGHT...Cloudy. Scattered flurries this evening, then snow
likely after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows in
the mid 20s. Light and variable winds, becoming northwest around
10 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent. 
.WEDNESDAY...Mostly cloudy in the morning, then becoming mostly
sunny. Scattered flurries. Highs around 30. Northwest winds 10 to
15 mph. 

2 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Well, when local mets (including Huffman & Webb) don’t even mention a warm nose...then I’m not sure we have to worry about it. I think you guys are just paranoid. 

Just now, WakeCountyWX said:

Well, when local mets (including Huffman & Webb) don’t even mention a warm nose...then I’m not sure we have to worry about it. I think you guys are just paranoid. 

Probably so.  I’m paranoid and jaded.  Webb always seems spot on so I probably just need to relax and hope that the Heels don’t lay an egg tonight.

Hrrr really wants to jackpot northern Greenville county in South Carolina. Heavy precip blossoms there around 4am and stays anchored in the same spot for 4 hours. I tend to buy this because at also jackpots the Southern Mountains... those guys always find a way to jack pot.

hrrr_asnow_seus_18.png

Archived