Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

You beat me to it Poimen. 48 is MUCH improved. The qpf finally showed up. I was gonna say this is not going to pitch a shutout with the differences showing up upstairs.

I'm still learning to read the models.  Can you tell me what you saw?  I thought that it didn't look as deep and had more positive tilt.  Do we want it more to the SW even if it means more positive tilt?  Thnx

From Eric Webber:

The NAM could have dropped much more snow that run but after 48 hours it tried to string the wave out again for some odd reason thereafter even though the wave actually looked better in general to cut-off. The way it's been trending inside 48 hours, we might have an even beefier storm before long on the NAM.

Just now, CaryWx said:

So for the Triangle----The latest euro, gfs and NAM all drop 1.5" or greater.  Not too shabby 

Yeah, I think there’s still room for precip amounts to go up as we get closer.  Not sure where the max amounts will be, but a good swath of 1-3 inches over a large area looks pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Turner Team said:

The 18z run was even drier than the 12z for our area Buddy. According to the 18z it looks like accumulations will be less than an inch in our area. Hopefully it will end up shifting NW some.

I agree, but I have seen sneaky events like this and don't believe the qpf field is correlating correctly to what is being shown upstairs. It had a much improved look compared to 12z.

Archived