Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Cool! With arcticgeddon the 2nd, we get rain! Winning !

It’s not rain, it’s how pivotal shows anything that’s virga. Here’s a better idea of what would reach the ground and the form of precip. Also, maybe it’s just me but try adding more to the disco other than just simple one liners that belong in banter... jmho.

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_52.png

3 minutes ago, snowlover91 said:

It’s not rain, it’s how pivotal shows anything that’s virga. Here’s a better idea of what would reach the ground and the form of precip. Also, maybe it’s just me but try adding more to the disco other than just simple one liners that belong in banter... jmho.

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_52.png

Thanks for your opinion , this looks even better! ;)

Big trend on several models now bringing the goodies to the crest of the blue ridge. Wilkes, Surry, typical down-sloping areas, that do not do well during redevelopment scenarios, which typically benefit Charlotte to Raleigh east etc. Might be trending toward a climo favored area event near and north of i40 and near  or west of i77. 

57 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

GFS not looking good for Wake County...  If the 00Z Euro/EPS backs off, then I'm pretty much done.

I would value the UK much more than the Euro or GFS. Both of those models struggled mightily with the last event that gave Eastern NC a good snow. They didn’t pick up on it until about 36-48 hours out. The UK had it nailed from about 96 hours out and didn’t waver much. It’s quite nice for Eastern NC especially. 

2E420B61-700B-483C-AF2A-A3CEC8B3503A.png

Archived