• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13 Heavy Rain to Freezing Rain Obs

ChescoWx

Gotta love this crazy weather! Winter Weather Advisories with Severe T'storm warnings, yikes. I don't expect much down here, I think by the time it gets cold enough here it will be dry, or close to it. But that doesn't mean I won't be rooting that cold front across the state, lol. C'mon baby! I'd just like to see something a little icy before it gets cold again, if available :snowing:.

eta: 61F here. I also tarped the snow pile last night - is that legal?

MtHolly-1-12-18-6pm.jpg

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

That is true dedication...your enthusiasm is seriously awe inspiring!

Lol, thanks Ralph. My inner lunatic is alive and well! I'm thinking of it as base-building for the snow pile, this winter so far has a nice feel to it. And while we're at it, thank you for contributing all of the analysis that you do!

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

60F here, looks like some heavier rain coming up. Voyager should be cooling off by now looking at surface observations.

radar-Jan-12-2018.jpg

47 at last look about a half hour ago. The front blew through with some impressive gusts and the initial drop was like an almost instantaneous 5 degrees.

24 minutes ago, Voyager said:

47 at last look about a half hour ago. The front blew through with some impressive gusts and the initial drop was like an almost instantaneous 5 degrees.

I was 61 at 11:10pm when the front blew through and now I'm at 40, so we had a 21 degree drop in one hour.

Ended up with 1.75" rain yesterday and had 0.11" this morning for an event total (so far) of 1.86".   Big gust blew through here around 4:30 am taking the temp from a pretty steady 59F down to 46F at post time, and falling rapidly (over 10 degrees in 30 mins and it even dropped 3 degrees as I was typing the post). High for the day was at midnight and was 62F.

Archived