Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister lived in Virginia Beach, we were just west of Richmond (Powhatan). Loved the climate down there. Have always been more of a summer person than winter. The nice thing about Virginia - long warm summers, moderate winters with just enough snow and ice to let you know it's winter. But you don't get bashed over the head with it.

Added bonus of the outer banks being a reasonable drive...

11 minutes ago, coh said:

My sister lived in Virginia Beach, we were just west of Richmond (Powhatan). Loved the climate down there. Have always been more of a summer person than winter. The nice thing about Virginia - long warm summers, moderate winters with just enough snow and ice to let you know it's winter. But you don't get bashed over the head with it.

Added bonus of the outer banks being a reasonable drive...

Agree on all counts. It's pretty built up down there as compared to when I was there, just getting to Va Beach was a PITA during the summer even then. But a much more vibrant place overall. I was in Richmond last year for work conferences and stopped for a night on vacation, downtown historic area is really nice now...I remembered the place as being kind of dumpy, back in 70s and 80s.

23 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

I think I’m living in Virginia as far as season totals go so far..lol

Feel your pain. BGM and ALB both down in the dumps this year for snowfall and on pace for a well below normal season. BGM at least had an all-time season high record in 2016-17. ALB been on a bad run for a while now it seems.

6 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Feel your pain. BGM and ALB both down in the dumps this year for snowfall and on pace for a well below normal season. BGM at least had an all-time season high record in 2016-17. ALB been on a bad run for a while now it seems.

Thanks Bud ,I agree and Can not  trust any models.....example,,,Next Sundays Temps,The Weather channel ,52, Accuweather 42,Weather Bug 29 ...sooo should I just shoot a dart for planning,,,models just out to lunch this year for sure ...don’t trust what you see because it will change at go-time here near Albany anyways...Good Luck with the rest of your season.

5 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

West Fulton spotter finished with 13.8” , a little over an inch under my projections...

We all had decent expectations. I was high (early on) for Rochester. But so were others. My final was 13” (before snow started). We ended with 12.6”. Syr and Bing got a bit screwed by sleet. 

Very quiet in here. What's funny is that there's a system headed our way that'll drop a few inches and to us that's a joke, but to other areas that's a big deal. All relative to ones location I suppose and unless it over 10-12" then it's not even worthy of a mention from us, lol. If that's the case, and it usually is, then it'll be very quiet in here for the next several weeks at least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Very quiet in here. What's funny is that there's a system headed our way that'll drop a few inches and to us that's a joke, but to other areas that's a big deal. All relative to ones location I suppose and unless it over 10-12" then it's not even worthy of a mention from us, lol. If that's the case, and it usually is, then it'll be very quiet in here for the next several weeks at least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ll take any system that adds to or freshens up the snowpack. As you’ve said Syracuse nickel and dimes it’s way to 120 inches. As for being quiet for an extended period, the beginning of next week looks warm with another wet frontal passage. After that there’s another system towards next Thursday that will probably pass far enough to our north to be warm but at least shows enough potential to keep an eye on. 

Archived