Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea, nice 4 most..

FA61B63E-5362-4B91-B473-AE755291B9CA.jpeg

Buffalo was reporting 2.6" as of 10 PM. Will be interesting to see if we can hold on the NW edge long enough. Radar shows it slowly working east already with dry air potentially working in soon? I'd be very impressed with double digits totals at KBUF. The last minute 50 mile NW jog seems to have come to fruition.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20180113.407.024ani.gif

39 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like a mix across Alleghany and Steuben counties reaching up into the finger lakes.

WUNIDS_map?station=BUF&brand=wui&num=10&

This demonstrates well the conditions in SE Monroe county. Its snowing like hell but with dense snowfall structure and still some sleet mixing (surprising). Its one heck of a storm and this proves the dynamics. Warm air still being pushed NW. Its a positive thing for Rochester. We will be in the heavy for a long time. I’m concerned for areas SE of here not fully changing over. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Buffalo was reporting 2.6" as of 10 PM. Will be interesting to see if we can hold on the NW edge long enough. Radar shows it slowly working east already with dry air potentially working in soon? I'd be very impressed with double digits totals at KBUF. The last minute 50 mile NW jog seems to have come to fruition.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20180113.407.024ani.gif

The GFS has owned this storm. Its been on it for about a week. I remember mentioning how the 93 superstorm was forecast a week in advance and the lead time and consistency reminded me of it. AS for Roc meeting the snowfall, I dont doubt it. Dont believe the current totals at the airport. Im currently 10 miles SE and already have 4” with 1” hr rates. Airport should already have 5”. With lots to go. 12” is the floor. 

Tim, I have no idea who that person was who popped in earlier and suggested a track way NW of anyone else’s progs. It made no sense. This LP is going from WV to NYC to Southern New England. Nothing is changing this late. Its a fantastic track for Buf to Syr. I’m currently watching the local radar for signs of lake enhancement. I’m kinda expecting to see a band forming over the lake that is initially oriented NE to SW (hitting Niagara Falls) and slowly rotates to a N-S orientation before going NW-SE just before shutting off. If we see that happen, we can add some inches. This LP is NOT going over Binghamton. 

15 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The GFS has owned this storm. Its been on it for about a week. I remember mentioning how the 93 superstorm was forecast a week in advance and the lead time and consistency reminded me of it. AS for Roc meeting the snowfall, I dont doubt it. Dont believe the current totals at the airport. Im currently 10 miles SE and already have 4” with 1” hr rates. Airport should already have 5”. With lots to go. 12” is the floor. 

Judging by cams looks like 2-3" so far.

http://rochesterwebcam.com/live-webcams/rochester-new-york-park-avenue-cam

21 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Tim, I have no idea who that person was who popped in earlier and suggested a track way NW of anyone else’s progs. It made no sense. This LP is going from WV to NYC to Southern New England. Nothing is changing this late. Its a fantastic track for Buf to Syr. I’m currently watching the local radar for signs of lake enhancement. I’m kinda expecting to see a band forming over the lake that is initially oriented NE to SW (hitting Niagara Falls) and slowly rotates to a N-S orientation before going NW-SE just before shutting off. If we see that happen, we can add some inches. This LP is NOT going over Binghamton. 

Someone who I crush in the ne.wx east coast snowstorm contests...as I am the reigning Chamnpeen from 2017...

Archived