• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yes they also have gotten screwed in the lake effect department as well and it may be more than 5-6 years, it may be since the October storm in 2006. They got fringed and came in way lower than areas just a mile or two south during  Dec. 2010, and Nov. 2014. Just a super frusterating time to live from downtown to the airport north. Hopefully this will change soon but obviously with the lake iced over at least 50% and more pretty brutal cold coming in the next week the chances for this year are just about all but gone. This will likley end as another year of below to we’ll below average snowfall at KBUF unless we get some real synoptic storms going which seems like it’s impossible to get. I’ll go out on a limb and say KBUF sees less than 70” on the season while KROC and KSYR finish over 100”...

Yeah I think Erie has a shot at 200", which would be cool to see. Just shows you how much potential Erie has before it freezes, Buffalo has 200"+ potential. It's crazy Binghamton almost doubled Buffalos snow last season and they don't even get Lake effect, or its very rare to get. Just goes to show you the donut hole Toronto to Buffalo has been.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Not too far west though. KBUF will still be lucky to see 4-5”. You go just east though to Wyoming county and that could easily be doubled or tripled. You go to Youngstown and you may still see grass lmao.

I'm in Erie PA for my middle daughter's gymnastics meet and there is still plenty of snow around.

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The ROC SREF’s are a disaster. Anywhere from 2”-3 feet. Lol. It’s tough living on the edge. 

B1D96FEA-D0CF-4300-9A07-3BC48F05FAAF.png

I feel very uncomfortable about this storm track.  The western edge of the precip shield only needs to miss by 50 miles and we are in nuisance snow land.  Way to close a call to sit and feel happy.  The precip shield will also be moving very fast with this one.  

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I feel very uncomfortable about this storm track.  The western edge of the precip shield only needs to miss by 50 miles and we are in nuisance snow land.  Way to close a call to sit and feel happy.  The precip shield will also be moving very fast with this one.  

I feel ya Delta. It might be more like 25 miles. Somewhere from Roc to Syr is the zone. Any further mvmt east and this thing sails away. I still feel good. My super high confidence has shrugged to an average confidence. 

Archived