Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Then threatens cutter days 14-15.   Yes we’re on the good side in the mean and I haven’t looked at individual members but the H5 look suggests some danger to me.  But agree overall full steam ahead.  Just that we may get some bumps in the road in the early stages of the new pattern.

Yup . I think the pattern thru the 10th shows a cut or 2.. but sometimes the cuts like this week end of much different closer in. After the 10th.. there’s no room for cuts 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Then threatens cutter days 14-15.   Yes we’re on the good side in the mean and I haven’t looked at individual members but the H5 look suggests some danger to me.  But agree overall full steam ahead.  Just that we may get some bumps in the road in the early stages of the new pattern.

Yep, remember the caveats with the -EPO. But, gotta ride the lightning if you want the goods.  In general, we want that ridge off the west coast more east.

50 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i don't know which is more of a disaster: this crap weather pattern , or the last 2 pages of this thread.

People are disappointed because this winter so far has not been action packed despite the fact that snow averages across the board in all regions except the cape are respectable. Snow lovers love to track the storms as much as experience them and snow events plus threats have at best been once per week, so folks are bored.

Sure feels like deep winter here.  5F this morning, a 1” layer of crust over my snow strong enough to hold my 220 lbs.  Rock hard sheets of ice everywhere!  It’s just plain nasty, although it looks pretty through the window.  I’d like a few inches of snow just to be able to navigate my property.

1 hour ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

People are disappointed because this winter so far has not been action packed despite the fact that snow averages across the board in all regions except the cape are respectable. Snow lovers love to track the storms as much as experience them and snow events plus threats have at best been once per week, so folks are bored.

The early January storm was pretty sweet.

We are so used to big winters that a rather average winter seems dull.  1980s will come back at some point

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You seem to be having one along with Wearwolf

I wasn't having a melt at all.  I simply responded to a post partially in your defense, that was misinterpreted(which is easily done through written words), nothing more.

Hopefully we can pull off a lil snow early next week...be nice to do in the midst of a not so hot set up.  

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I wasn't having a melt at all.  I simply responded to a post partially in your defense, that was misinterpreted(which is easily done through written words), nothing more.

Hopefully we can pull off a lil snow early next week...be nice to do in the midst of a not so hot set up.  

Its ok....we have all melted. 

No problem. 

If I had to make a probabalistic forecast for snow chances for New England through Monday, it would probably be something like this for >1"

SE SNE coast, including Cape, through RI, TAN area, BOS    40%

Coastal Maine, NH, NE Mass (Gloucester, etc)  30%

A swath that runs SW to NE from SW coastal CT through central MA - ORH area through much of NH into western Maine    20%

W Mass, S VT, Northern NH   10%

Powderfreak-land    upslopeville - always >50%

Archived