joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet again ... miss-allocation of the NAO and not getting it.

that's a horrible, horrible pattern there...  East-based -NAO with a -3 SD geopotential coupled minimum parked due N of Maine is a suppression hell -

people - you don't understand the NAO and should just stop.  haha

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All I can say is ask Scooter to expound .. should he choose to 

Don't need Scooter I can read wx models, interpret MJO progression and understand hemispheric rebound. That being said, here's your EPS

Wk 3 neg EPO neg AO Pos PNA Pos NAO -2 with huge departures starting mid week STJ influence 

WK 4 neg EPO neg AO Pos PNA Pos NAO -4+ if not colder coastal stormy

WK 5 neg EPO neg AO Pos PNA Pos NAO -3 + cold stormy clipper Miller b

WK 6  neg EPO neutral AO  Pos PNA / Pos NAO -2. + stormy all over

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

that's a horrible, horrible pattern there...  East-based -NAO with a -3 SD geopotential coupled minimum parked due N of Maine is a suppression hell -

A -NAO, at least a central or west based one of decent magnitude in a strongly -EPO pattern is really not possible.  DT had a great video back in 14-15 explaining why that is and showed the comparisons to 93-94

7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I don't know about MOS specifically, but there may have been some truth to that. Nobody came in over the weekend to specifically start shutting down government services, and today we have 4 hours in the morning to officially take care of those processes. But as Steve said, it's over now so everything should be returning to normal.

Bastardi opening fire right now on Twitter over the sites still being down. 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yes I was thinking that too!  very suppressive, but perhaps just a snapshot in time, not the overriding pattern?

19 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yes I was thinking that too!  very suppressive, but perhaps just a snapshot in time, not the overriding pattern?

Lol it was preceeded by a snowstorm, that was after the U'LL passed through. Nobody understands transient blocking? It's what made the 2011 2013 2015 KU s

Anybody thinking we can get a surprise threat sometime between the hour 48 and 96.  the models swing through a trough that is trying to go negative right on the coast or right before exiting the coastline.  Maybe too far south for anything significant.  Something to watch for the next 36 hours as the Tuesday storm swings through.

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I said that because I don't believe a - nao. 

11 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Bastardi opening fire right now on Twitter over the sites still being down. 

Shocking. 

This is just a guess (because this is all happening way above my pay grade), but the government didn't officially open until after close of business yesterday. So those websites are probably not getting turned back on until people come back to work today. That seems like the simplest explanation to me.

Archived