Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I want to see it was a bit, but fear later development, too.

Always the risk with these setups.   The big problem potentially to me is the PNA loss potentially dampening the ability of the leftover trof to dig.   We’re using old money in the bank but is it enough?

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Always the risk with these setups.   The big problem potentially to me is the PNA loss potentially dampening the ability of the leftover trof to dig.   We’re using old money in the bank but is it enough?

Looks like the loss of dynamics results in a slightly warmer solution for us.

Not feeling this one....hope I'm wrong.

Usually when a myriad of different runs of a model manufacture ways to not snow prolifically, the system is synoptically defective.

Anecdotal, but it is what it is....should be some snow, anyways.

Still plenty of time, and there will be a 1000 other solutions.

Jerry, the fact that the EURO digs this Miller B the most by far is disheartening for me....I've seen it 100 times....EURO has a bias of digging them too much, hence it develops them too quickly and far south.

I feel like the trend towards later and more northerly development is real....not to say we won't see other monster solutions because its several days out, but I think it ends up not digging enough in the end.

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Jerry, the fact that the EURO digs this Miller B the most by far is disheartening for me....I've seen it 100 times....EURO has a bias of digging them too much, hence it develops them too quickly and far south.

I feel like the trend towards later and more northerly development is real....not to say we won't see other monster solutions because its several days out, but I think it ends up not digging enough in the end.

All 0z guidance is digging less.  Not sure about ensembles because I didn’t compare.   

I am near Albany and these forecasts have been atrocious,models are all terrible this year ,the Mets around here just can’t get a forecast right...always calling for 2-4;5-8 a blizzard an ice storm ,I swear nothing close to any call here! I think the models are F’d and I for one believe the nam  of all is the only one with half a clue,,( And I mean half ) upstate ny not even close ytd ...MBY,,,6” since and including Xmas ....signed...cliff jumpers galore around here...lol

Archived