Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

FWIW a lot of the area that jacked, has been screwed this winter. Obviously not all areas..but the 6-8" in these spots was there biggest yet.  You can direct your anger to Bob who's done well. Same with Tblizz. No room to meh last two years.

I wish I had totally whiffed...the inch was enough to coax salt onto the roads and then all over my recently washed car. Blows.

49 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Wow. That sounds like more serious science type stuff.  Sounds boring as hell, but to each his own.  

I am curious to know how a forecast can be based on fact.   Is there another definition of forecast that I am not aware of?

Snowfall calls where backed up with modeling, or that's how it used to be. Wishcasting could get you a warning. It's a much more serious site, with very little banter. Unfortunately there are very few New England folks on that site.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

FWIW a lot of the area that jacked, has been screwed this winter. Obviously not all areas..but the 6-8" in these spots was there biggest yet.  You can direct your anger to Bob who's done well. Same with Tblizz. No room to meh last two years.

the outer cape and islands have not always rocked it in this regime but having 2015 and 2005 in your portfolio has to be worth a few ratters or rattery periods

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Snowfall calls where backed up with modeling, or that's how it used to be. Wishcasting could get you a warning. It's a much more serious site, with very little banter. Unfortunately there are very few New England folks on that site.

Moderating grew more lenient with the development of regional subforums, as posters became more accustomed to one another in the smaller forums. Mods were able to more liberally utilize discretion and operate more independently while enforcing bord policy. Regional subforums are almost akin to states operating within the larger union...aka forum.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Moderating grew more lenient with the development of regional subforums, as posters became more accustomed to one another in the smaller forums. Mods were able to more liberally utilize discretion and operate more independently while enforcing bord policy. Regional subforums are almost akin to states operating within the larger union...aka forum.

Its my go to site to look at modeling without having to sift through pages of banter. I know we had a similar strategy of model only sub-forums.

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been nearly 4 weeks since I’ve had an 18”+ storm... I think we’ve waited long enough for another one.

Kidding aside... I need like 5” to reach my seasonal average and we are about to enter the snowiest month of our winter down here.

Playing with house money at this point

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can take the anger.  I'm not jaded as to what's transpired here in the last 15 odd years.  Starting in 2003.  Sitting at 35-36" on Jan 30th is a feat unto itself.  28 falling this month takes to the next level.  

23 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

You really need to learn the mix.  Your the guy in the meeting who after 2 hours when everybody is chatting about life to ease up the tension, loudly exclaims let's get back on topic people. Chill man 

24 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

the outer cape and islands have not always rocked it in this regime but having 2015 and 2005 in your portfolio has to be worth a few ratters or rattery periods

I'm just speaking for this season. You boys have a lot of winter left. Plenty of time for some down the drain here while you snow.

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

From me to Carver/ PYM towards the Cape, it's the biggest storm of the year for us..so yea the anger can be directed elsewhere 

It’s all relative anyway. I feel like the wealth has been shared pretty good. We got screwed down here the first 3 or so events of the season. 

Everybody wants the most snow in every storm...it’s impossible to please everyone.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You really need to learn the mix.  Your the guy in the meeting who after 2 hours when everybody is chatting about life to ease up the tension, loudly exclaims let's get back on topic people. Chill man 

DIT has been doing this for the five years I've been on and it really gets annoying. Arguing with mods and making outlandish claims gets dull really fast.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is am ignore feature we have been telling you that for 5 years, lighten the f up son

Not sure what else to say here.  We ALL get annoyed at DIT from time to time but there is no malice.  It's a brotherhood.  We all keep each other in line here now so our jobs a Mods aren't as important and we know when the line is crossed.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not sure what else to say here.  We ALL get annoyed at DIT from time to time but there is no malice.  It's a brotherhood.  We all keep each other in line here now so our jobs a Mods aren't as important and we know when the line is crossed.

What's ironic is 75 percent of the dudes posts are mocking Kev, talk about polluting threads. Kevs the little kid who we pick on but if someone else constantly  beats him up they get the whole gangs rath. 

Archived