Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs op shows you how it could take time for a good pattern to get established. Going to need patience.

Thankfully the more reliable ensembles products have no such thing including the GEFS.  It could certainly break the way of the op but more likely we’re not doing that.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thankfully the more reliable ensembles products have no such thing including the GEFS.  It could certainly break the way of the op but more likely we’re not doing that.

The op makes sense though. We see these all the time and it leads to melt downs all the time. All I’m saying is prepare to be patient.  It doesn’t have to work out like that, but better to be safe than sorry. 

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The op makes sense though. We see these all the time and it leads to melt downs all the time. All I’m saying is prepare to be patient.  It doesn’t have to work out like that, but better to be safe than sorry. 

But the ensemble products argue otherwise.  I’m good with whatever happens as long as I’m vertical that day.

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What does it show? I'm looking at it but can't parse the exact reasons for patience. 

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nah. Full steam ahead. I’m betting the flop, turn, and river on a gutshot straightdraw.....heavily. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dec came in on time. I’m not using a Gfs op run tell me the pattern. Even the conservative Shabbs has it in here on Feb 5

We only had one moderate event prior to xmas, whjch was erased by torch, so it did take some time to get snowy and establish cold..

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We had some delays and these happen frequently. Don’t be surprised. 

It was supposed to be in by Dec 5th and it was.  I don’t mean icebox sets in Feb 3.. just a more sustained cooler than normal pattern and snow. Right now, it’s impossible for it to snow in this pattern right thru end of month . That changes by Feb 3

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It was supposed to be in by Dec 5th and it was.  I don’t mean icebox sets in Feb 3.. just a more sustained cooler than normal pattern and snow. Right now, it’s impossible for it to snow in this pattern right thru end of month . That changes by Feb 3

Euro has snow Mon /Tuesday

index (1).png

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Fickle setup with a strong s/w and inv trough type setup. I certainly would not bank on it, but maybe keep an eye out.

yea the way I see it all modeling including ENS are indicating a strong SW and INVT, where that sets up has waffled across the region, something to watch but saying its impossible to snow until Feb 3rd, well......

Archived