Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You people are too used to winning.  You don't remember the unbridled joy.  Think Red Sox when you think Eagles fans

According to Scott I'll be tracking a cutter orr insider runner so the SB could be a good distraction.  This for you:  https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/955403570987204609

Been a Pats fan since the 60's, I can tell you, Other then a small run in the mid 80's and mid to late 90's, There wasn't much to be cheering about, I am going to savior this era.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I actually think tomorrow is the worst day in the whole stretch for ski areas...the weekend "cutter" is really just a dry FROPA now on guidance...so if that stays that way, they may see a mild day with SW winds, but it's really nothing that would hurt the base up there. Like 40F with low dews. In fact there might even be a few snow showers on the backside of the front.

There's still potential for the one near Feb 1st to be ugly, but right now it's pretty muted on the ensembles...could be another dryish system.

Of course, none of this will make all the snow weenies in SNE feel better...but it's not death and destruction up north on the ski areas. We actually get some pretty good cold shots in between.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

The big EPO ridge is getting closer on the EPS...confidence increasing that we're back to winter by 1st week of Feb...and yeah, it looks like ridge migrates east a little so that it becomes more of a PNA ridge...that would be ideal. Looks like the pattern would be ripe for some brutal cold too with a very powerful PV on our side of the globe.

agreed ... i think i echoed these sentiments yesterday ...tho i wrote so much i'm not sure - heh. 

anyway, there's a pretty clear signal in the tele's now matched with the 'timing' of the mjo ...as well as the oper. tendency to displace the kamachtka ridge node closer to the alaskan sector.   the cdc is not as interested in fact (haha) not at all, in elevating the mode of the pna but the cpc is... there's enough general evidence however to suggest a pattern change in the offing -

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I actually think tomorrow is the worst day in the whole stretch for ski areas...the weekend "cutter" is really just a dry FROPA now on guidance...so if that stays that way, they may see a mild day with SW winds, but it's really nothing that would hurt the base up there. Like 40F with low dews. In fact there might even be a few snow showers on the backside of the front.

There's still potential for the one near Feb 1st to be ugly, but right now it's pretty muted on the ensembles...could be another dryish system.

Of course, none of this will make all the snow weenies in SNE feel better...but it's not death and destruction up north on the ski areas. We actually get some pretty good cold shots in between.

Its looking quite lame next weekend on guidance, At least the northern areas may salvage the pack in this relaxation, Not the wipe out to the border like some have proclaimed.

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its looking quite lame next weekend on guidance, At least the northern areas may salvage the pack in this relaxation, Not the wipe out to the border like some have proclaimed.

Looks like a split this weekend.

It's all subjective I guess. Late winter/early spring ski conditions, either way. I was at Cranmore this past weekend and it was beautiful. Peaked out right around 40 at the base.

The major locations will snowmake on Wed, Thurs and Friday. Bretton woods/Loon/Wild Cat etc. could see mountain effect snow on Sunday with the fro pa. Bretton woods got 7" on this past Saturday from mountain effect....

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Looks like a split this weekend.

It's all subjective I guess. Late winter/early spring ski conditions, either way. I was at Cranmore this past weekend and it was beautiful. Peaked out right around 40 at the base.

The major locations will snowmake on Wed, Thurs and Friday. Bretton woods/Loon/Wild Cat etc. could see mountain effect snow on Sunday with the fro pa. Bretton woods got 7" on this past Saturday from mountain effect....

Quite a vort max after Fropa tomorrow night, watch for upslope and surprise snows in the Mountains

LOl, NOW data but I got in

NOAA Page Header

The federal government is currently shutdown. NOAA.gov and many associated websites are unavailable while others remain  live but not supported.

Specific NOAA websites necessary to protect lives and property are operational and will be maintained.

See Weather.gov for critical weather information. Visit Commerce.gov to learn more about the shutdown.

NOAA Federal Employees: For access to the Notice to Federal Employees About Unemployment Insurance (SF-8), please Click Here.

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

You people are too used to winning.  You don't remember the unbridled joy.  Think Red Sox when you think Eagles fans

According to Scott I'll be tracking a cutter orr insider runner so the SB could be a good distraction.  This for you:  https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/955403570987204609

Philly fans barely need a reason to be awful. As I recall, the old stadium used to have a police room inside to deal with all of the ass*holes.

I am a Giants fan, although with Patriots season tickets (odd, yes, I know, but it is complicated.)

Archived