Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Even Tom Brady would toss that algorithm as far as he could right now.

this may anger some but ... it's hard to trust a product, particularly in this day and age, that is "checkered" like that.   Resolution ftl makes it look like the tool was cobbled together in less than proficient manner to put it nicely. 

I tell yeah what... some times the high pressures do lose, but, not in real time.  there's a risk in conflating the difference between what the models say now, and what really will be the case long about Monday night. If the models continue to back off the high pressure/confluence' influence as we progress through the weekend, and then it verifies that way...that's not the high pressure losing to the low and warm winning - it's really the models just being wrong about the cold being there in the first place and having to correct -

just sayn'

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Trails littered with sleds stuck in mud up north that were out riding when the snow vaporized before they couid get back to base 

hahaha...  you mean like the "mastodon" sleds that have food still in their stomachs from the furious nature in which the continent froze but only opposite ... ?

in any case ... grousing/hyperbole aside... 

if given any moment east of the spine of the Greens/Whites ... that cold air is knifing down to RI and NE CT below 3,000'...  period.  Doesn't matter what the models say right now.

it may only mean Ray's favorite temperature, 32. 0001 or whatever it is... , but, we'll just have to see if that momentum gets established.  

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Trails littered with sleds stuck in mud up north that were out riding when the snow vaporized before they couid get back to base 

They'll fine skeletons petrified in the mud decades from now...they'll look like they were desperately swimming trying to get out of quicksand-type mud before they were swallowed up. Scarfs, hats and gloves everywhere around them.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Lavarock’s remains found with his mouth open as he gasped “meh..”

Moneypitmike petrified in the mudslides of God's Country with "It was raining in ORH, we should have been snow!" etched on the remains of his stone fireplace.

8 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I find ptype on the euro disappointing here. Do u suspect it's the lack of layers used in the computation?  Those algorithms tend to give me too much snow and seem to hate ice pellets 

I think Maue gets more levels (i.e. 750 or 800 mb) than we do in the NWS anyway. But those algorithms don't explicitly forecast sleet vs. snow. So any frozen is considered snow. That's why there are always big snow totals, even when the forecast soundings are sketchy or don't support it.

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They'll fine skeletons petrified in the mud decades from now...they'll look like they were desperately swimming trying to get out of quicksand-type mud before they were swallowed up. Scarfs, hats and gloves everywhere around them.

Skeletons in full snowmobile dress slumped over steering wheels. Goggles still on

Archived