Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol, last March we had a 14 incher!!  And it was towards the middle of the Month.  Wow...how fast we forget.  Mid Feb here is Prime time for Big Snow in SNE...so is End of February.   You need to relax and chill Ice...it's gonna be fine lol.

Why are you wasting your time trying to pull a drunk suicidial dude back from the top of the Travelers tower...he does this every year.

I get it though cuz It’s like me to trying to get DIT to stand behind his claims by putting money where his weenie is...and make bets.....he ignores it cuz he cant handle it, he knows he is wrong but loves the attention.

Thats what Icey1929 enjoys too. A full on depression woah me I lost it all please help me but I still will never listern nor learn.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

its not even close to being average so far

http://mrcc.isws.illinois.edu/research/awssi/indexAwssi.jsp

Untitled.png

I dont think many would question that its been a relatively frigid winter thus far.  Coldness is a key part of that severity index.. I suspect its the accumulated snowfall amount that they are questioning as being average or not.

2 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

I dont think many would question that its been a relatively frigid winter thus far.  Coldness is a key part of that severity index.. I suspect its the accumulated snowfall amount that they are questioning as being average or not.

this doesnt include yesterday, above average to date

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Why are you wasting your time trying to pull a drunk suicidial dude back from the top of the Travelers tower...he does this every year.

I get it though cuz It’s like me to trying to get DIT to stand behind his claims by putting money where his weenie is...and make bets.....he ignores it cuz he cant handle it, he knows he is wrong but loves the attention.

Thats what Icey1929 enjoys too. A full on depression woah me I lost it all please help me but I still will never listern nor learn.

It’s that I know of your gambling situation , and I want no part in making a bad addiction worse. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No...I expected it.

Most of the best winters had them...tough to avoid at this latitude. That thaw was savage, though.

I knew it was coming too and it still made me angry.......oh well it is what it is.....for now climbing down from the top of the Travelers Tower.....

travelers2.jpg.09893b64be5dca2421801170226c991e.jpg

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He wasn't talking about our area anyway, he was talking about NNE.   I hope they can get it if we can't though.  

The GFS, CMC and Euro all have it at varying amounts and its southern extent, Some can't read apparently, The pope made reference to it this morning as well, It has some merit up here.

2 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Last March I had over 17" of snow and in 2013 had 24".  Both of those months featured 12"+ storms.  Combined with top 10 coldest temps since 1985 and I don't think that is bad just in the last 5 years.  You don't have to go back that far to have had good March's.  Then again, I'm in NE CT but I would bet that West Hartford got into some good snows in either of those months.

In ice's defense, 5 of the last 8 Marches have been putrid for snow at BDL, ranging from T to 2.9" (LT avg is 8.7".)   They were about average in 2013 and 2015 and shared in the 3/14 blizzard (Their 19.1" total for the month was a bit more than at my Maine locale), but getting 2.7" total for 2010-12, BDL's worst 3-year run in their March records, isn't inspiring. 

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

In ice's defense, 5 of the last 8 Marches have been putrid for snow at BDL, ranging from T to 2.9" (LT avg is 8.7".)   They were about average in 2013 and 2015 and shared in the 3/14 blizzard (Their 19.1" total for the month was a bit more than at my Maine locale), but getting 2.7" total for 2010-12, BDL's worst 3-year run in their March records, isn't inspiring. 

Thanks man.....I am not good at remembering all the details......or knowing where to go to get the data......I should have remembered the blizzard back in March so thats my bad but really here in Hartford area March has been forgettable the past several seasons (2017 excluded just to be clear).......I mean we're talking about Morch here......besides I never liked the winding down of winter......its my favorite season and to see it end is such a bummer - especially when the mood of the winter hasn't been ideal......

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

3/14 blizzard though??

38 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The GFS, CMC and Euro all have it at varying amounts and its southern extent, Some can't read apparently, The pope made reference to it this morning as well, It has some merit up here.

Euro would probably start as some light frozen almost down the pike. Eventually it blows the warm front into CNE, but I would certainly watch it from CNE northward, especially NNE. There is a pretty solid CAD sig at the onset. 

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Euro would probably start as some light frozen almost down the pike. Eventually it blows the warm front into CNE, but I would certainly watch it from CNE northward, especially NNE. There is a pretty solid CAD sig at the onset. 

Could be one of those sugarloaf crushers...those CAD areas of Maine do well in these pretty often.

2 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

You could see it at H5 the PV was pressing SE, If that vort coming out of the sw ejects somewhat weaker, It would track further east as the PV presses SE before heading towards the GL.

Archived