Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Rains to Maine’s 

Not Northern Maine...probably not even Central Maine either.  

C'mon now...enough with the doom and gloom.   We are approaching the heart of winter...and we will most likely sneak something in as Scott has eluded too.  It's going to reload, so we have to be patient.  Something can pop up at very short notice and probably will as we await the next round.   

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This is basically the 3rd La Niña in 7 years where they’ve gotten fairly significant snow down there.  Prior to 2010 you could just about bank on being shutout in places like MS AL GA SC and even most of NC in La Niña winters.   I think even 95-96 there was no measurable snow in Nashville Atlanta pe Charlotte 

Blizzard of 96 hit alot of Georgia and those areas..no??  I could swear I remember that area getting hit hard in that Jan Blizzard of 96

8 hours ago, ice1972 said:

You guys realize that we’re down to mere weeks here......if nothing pops in the next 3 weeks....maybe 4....it’s over and the annual wait is on....we can invest 50% in wiz’s severe thread as always but that’s it dudes.....embrace the hate.....it’s over

Really Ice???   So even if we didn't get anything for a month(highly doubtful btw), that only brings us Feb 17th.  We can't get any meaningful storms in Mid Feb??  Or even Mid March in SNE???

See how foolish that sounds when you actually sit back and think about it.  It's still only Mid January...lots of winter to go yet.  If it was late/end of Feb and we were looking at a month off..I'd agree with you 100%.  But not in Mid Jan.  

Sit tight my friend.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Blizzard of 96 hit alot of Georgia and those areas..no??  I could swear I remember that area getting hit hard in that Jan Blizzard of 96

It may have hit the far northeast mountains of Georgia but I seem to remember when I was going through climate stats that Atlanta had either a zero or just a T that winter 

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Not Northern Maine...probably not even Central Maine either.  

C'mon now...enough with the doom and gloom.   We are approaching the heart of winter...and we will most likely sneak something in as Scott has eluded too.  It's going to reload, so we have to be patient.  Something can pop up at very short notice and probably will as we await the next round.   

He always references that phrase, But Maine is a large state so if it rains in york, He is technically right....................lol

8 hours ago, ice1972 said:

You guys realize that we’re down to mere weeks here......if nothing pops in the next 3 weeks....maybe 4....it’s over and the annual wait is on....we can invest 50% in wiz’s severe thread as always but that’s it dudes.....embrace the hate.....it’s over

Maybe for the banana belt.  On average here, we reach 50% of season-total snowfall on Jan 31/Feb 1.  (With much variation - in 05-06 85% came before February.  The next winter 80% came Feb 1 on.)

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really Ice???   So even if we didn't get anything for a month(highly doubtful btw), that only brings us Feb 17th.  We can't get any meaningful storms in Mid Feb??  Or even Mid March in SNE???

See how foolish that sounds when you actually sit back and think about it.  It's still only Mid January...lots of winter to go yet.  If it was late/end of Feb and we were looking at a month off..I'd agree with you 100%.  But not in Mid Jan.  

Sit tight my friend.

I know I know.....I'm upset....sorry......I'll marinate as Tippy suggested.....

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sit tight my friend.

Yeah, that's a ridiculous statement.  I can't speak for other people's climate but my average measurable snowfall isn't for another 70+ days away, not a couple weeks away.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We have about a month straight now of no snow in SNE. Somewhere around Feb 8-10th winter resumes 

I agree that the pattern will suck for the next 3-4 weeks, but it doesn't have to mean snowless...not at this latitude during peak climo.  I would be careful about buying into any large events,  though. 

4 hours ago, Snow88 said:

How much snow do you have for the season ?

So far it has been a very good start here

IDK I'm probably right at average for this time of year or a tad ahead but its not about the total amount of snow.....its the general tone and mood of the winter and so far this one stinks.....I will marinate a bit more....

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree that the pattern will suck for the next 3-4 weeks, but it doesn't have to mean snowless...not at this latitude during peak climo.  I would be careful about buying into any large events,  though. 

I'd be careful saying 3-4 weeks or discounting large events. 

Just now, ice1972 said:

IDK I'm probably right at average for this time of year or a tad ahead but its not about the total amount of snow.....its the general tone and mood of the winter and so far this one stinks.....I will marinate a bit more....

You pull the same **** every year, you would think you think you live in NVT

8 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, that's a ridiculous statement.  I can't speak for other people's climate but my average measurable snowfall isn't for another 70+ days away, not a couple weeks away.

Thats not what I meant......every winter has a mood and a tone.....this one has a foul mood to me after getting off to a great start.......a big event in Feb will do a lot to change that mood but even so........here once we get into the middle to end of February seems its over....I can't remember a good March event here......I'm sure there have been many over a far enough look back but I don't recall a decent one

11 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Thats not what I meant......every winter has a mood and a tone.....this one has a foul mood to me after getting off to a great start.......a big event in Feb will do a lot to change that mood but even so........here once we get into the middle to end of February seems its over....I can't remember a good March event here......I'm sure there have been many over a far enough look back but I don't recall a decent one

Lol, last March we had a 14 incher!!  And it was towards the middle of the Month.  Wow...how fast we forget.  Mid Feb here is Prime time for Big Snow in SNE...so is End of February.   You need to relax and chill Ice...it's gonna be fine lol.

10 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Last March I had over 17" of snow and in 2013 had 24".  Both of those months featured 12"+ storms.  Combined with top 10 coldest temps since 1985 and I don't think that is bad just in the last 5 years.  You don't have to go back that far to have had good March's.  Then again, I'm in NE CT but I would bet that West Hartford got into some good snows in either of those months.

Archived