Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Shades closed and drink a gallon of NyQuil. Wake up after 2/2.

I just posted it’ll be 2-15 in the NYC thread.  I would be somewhat surprised if it’s much earlier than that.  At the same time I also think it’s not going to be exceptionally warm aside from immediately ahead of any FROPA or cutter for a day or so.  

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can handle a prolonged warm up but have zero interest in inches of rain mid-winter. 

I'm with you there.  With the exception of last week's deluge, I have been fine with the bits of rain we have received thus far.  I have not looked ahead to next weeks forecasts, but I hope there is not significant rain on the horizon.  

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And you laughed at me last night. We go snowless thru 2nd week Feb.  Glad to see you coming around. Medicine must have kicked in

I laughed because you said no snow for 4 weeks. You can always sneak something in amid a lousy pattern. I’m speaking from a large scale pattern point of view.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We have about a month straight now of no snow in SNE. Somewhere around Feb 8-10th winter resumes 

It will be easy to sneak something in over a months period of time in mid winter regardless of what a pattern might suggest.

I was happy to arrive back home in the waning hours of 6-7.  

Monday-Tuesday could turn out a lot more interesting for NNE and CNE (favorable backdoor CAD locations). Could easily end up a pack gainer for the Whites, Northern Greens, and Northern to Central Maine.  All guidance has been trending colder. -PNA is going to send us a cutter no doubt, but with --AO we have arctic air close by to tap. Climo at least favors the cold.

Clash of the titans coming up with a wound up cutter and a strong high anchored over Quebec.

2 hours ago, qg_omega said:

In the end this winter will be remembered for the historic snow in the Southeast, I mean WOW.  The SE looks like what the West should be.

cursnow_usa.gif

This is basically the 3rd La Niña in 7 years where they’ve gotten fairly significant snow down there.  Prior to 2010 you could just about bank on being shutout in places like MS AL GA SC and even most of NC in La Niña winters.   I think even 95-96 there was no measurable snow in Nashville Atlanta and Charlotte 

Archived