Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Many would be happy with a EPS/OP compromise.

I really love the IVT ahead of the main storm on that...that's a Kevin long duration special...like 12 hours of PRE snows. before the main event. Like a PRE in TCs coming up the coast...lol. Hopefully it's got the right idea.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I really love the IVT ahead of the main storm on that...that's a Kevin long duration special...like 12 hours of PRE snows. before the main event. Like a PRE in TCs coming up the coast...lol. Hopefully it's got the right idea.

That would be sweet...hopefully on the good side. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That would be sweet...hopefully on the good side. 

Yeah anyone just to the left of it would get crushed. But even early on, to the east would prob get a nice pasting....ideally, you'd have it setup somewhere over the eastern regions and then slowly migrate offshore as the main low gets cranking so that low levels don't torch. That's kind of what the EPS does....but we could even afford to have it a bit west of the EPS.

Just now, Hoth said:

Didn't Feb '13 have something like that?

Yeah it did....the best of it was over Maine near PWM....they got a ton of OES and LL convergence enhancement before the main storm moved in. I think they had something like 12-15" before the main show arrived. :lol:

yeah...again, the "PRE" snow is really the lead clipper system dying a slow death while the more important amplitude catches up ... ultimately fusing that into the latter.  

I almost hunch that the lead will either A   become dominant and it's all been a red-herring (unlikely), or B ...just become less and less in lieu of the synoptics beginning to reel from the influence/momentum of the bigger forcing. 

Or ...the third C option which is unthinkably naughty and immoral, ...which is that it snows light to moderate from it, none stop, in a 20 hour orgasm of weird emotional codependent obsession with snow-climate behavior before ultimately ... O.D. 'ing on the main event.   That's personally what I'm buckin' for ha!

2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Seems like this year more than most the models are having a tough time pinning things down until a day or two out....or maybe it's just me? 

There's never been a winter before where anything like that has happened.

Archived