Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That storm had some form of gravity wave, or moisture deformation issues, ...  some kind of thing going on that disrupted a ubiquitous result, because there were concentric bands of entirely pedestrian amounts NW of those SE zones.. For that alone, it's total score took a hit. 

I was up in Acton Mass at the time ...I think we got 6.5" or so...and was mid way inside a 10 mile wide band from NE CT to the Merrimack Valley that took up advisory snow from that system. 

I don't mean to downplay or spin out it's significance to those it did impact, but some how some way that thing was a cosmic dildo storm. 

I was going to UMASS Lowell then..they got about 18", and I had 25".

49 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no heh i was just being tongue in cheek ... 

but sometimes there is a bit of an auto-pilot type of vitriol that happens from some users in here, ..if one dares even hint an insinuation that challenges the sanctity of their coveted events. ahaha. 

it's like dealing with Patriots football fans whenever the topic of Tom Brady comes up.  

I was looking at amounts for that storm.  Holy cow at the Cape  40" in Mashpee

(I barely remember it...)

not to hype ...buuut, considering what that does aloft between D6-7 ...that surface result should have been more. 

interesting.

almost appears to have been moisture/thermodynamically starved. 

But it also looks a little bizarre at 144 hours with like ...zero s/w ridging ripping out ahead and off the EC.  That's an oddity there - .. some structural issues and probably moisture dynamics limiting an otherwise potency - Not a bad storm as is, though.  

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not to hype ...buuut, considering what that does aloft between D6-7 ...that surface result should have been more. 

interesting.

almost appears to have been moisture/thermodynamically starved. 

But it also looks a little bizarre at 144 hours with like ...zero s/w ridging ripping out ahead and off the EC.  That's an oddity there - .. some structural issues and probably moisture dynamics limiting an otherwise potency - Not a bad storm as is, though.  

We saw the same garbage solutions leading up to the blizzard...I'm more interested in the ensembles than I am pondering the deterministic OP runs apparently inability to execute a phase.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We saw the same garbage solutions leading up to the blizzard...I'm more interested in the ensembles than I am pondering the deterministic OP runs apparently inability to execute a phase.

well yeah... we've been over this, sure. 

the fast flow is prooobably not the best environment for delicately handling a fusion scenario at this sort of loud time range. 

that was also evident as little as 36 hours prior to the last one.  we had to rely on the non-hydros to handle those vertical thermodynamic feedbacks with height falls and such to help pull this west and deepen it more.  Which the models did pick up the depth before the other storm attributes, which is fascinating enough...  

I mentioned that awhile ago in this thread that we would probably have some similar hand wringing - doesn't mean we'll duplicate that scenario here but just in general. 

Archived