• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-18 Threat

Ralph Wiggum

SREF plumes increased for RDG and ABE. Around 3.5" for each. Also, NWS increased RDG and ABE snow to 4 and 5 inches respectively. I'm thinking that is the upper limit, but with how this winter's gone, wouldn't be surprised to see someone cash in with a foot lol. Also, I expect WWA to be up within the next 45 minutes.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Weather Advisory for Lehigh Valley and Berks:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AM
EST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions.
  Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of northwestern New Jersey and east-central
  and northeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Tuesday and Tuesday night. While light snow or flurries
  will develop tonight causing slippery conditions on untreated
  pavement toward morning, the heaviest snowfall will occur after
  sunset Tuesday through Tuesday night. There may be some melting
  of the snow in the lower elevations during the middle of the day
  Tuesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
  times, especially Tuesday night when snowfall rates may briefly
  approach an inch an hour. Plan for travel delays during the
  evening rush Tuesday. Temperatures following the snow should
  remain generally below freezing Wednesday with a hard freeze
  Wednesday night.

Not surprised by their mention of snow melting during Tuesday. Looks like a first push comes in Tuesday morning, followed by a break, and then heaviest snow Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Winter Weather Advisory for Lehigh Valley and Berks:
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AMEST WEDNESDAY...* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches are expected.* WHERE...Portions of northwestern New Jersey and east-central and northeast Pennsylvania.* WHEN...Tuesday and Tuesday night. While light snow or flurries will develop tonight causing slippery conditions on untreated pavement toward morning, the heaviest snowfall will occur after sunset Tuesday through Tuesday night. There may be some melting of the snow in the lower elevations during the middle of the day Tuesday.* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times, especially Tuesday night when snowfall rates may briefly approach an inch an hour. Plan for travel delays during the evening rush Tuesday. Temperatures following the snow should remain generally below freezing Wednesday with a hard freeze Wednesday night.

Not surprised by their mention of snow melting during Tuesday. Looks like a first push comes in Tuesday morning, followed by a break, and then heaviest snow Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Nice. Kinda surprised they went that high. But I like it lol. Hope they're right.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

More snow the further N&W burbs, there is a statement I haven’t heard in a long time. Used to be a regular thing in the winter

Growing up in Bethlehem, and the days before WFMZ had a decent weather segment (who remembers Kathy Craine doing the weather?), I got all my TV weather from the Philly stations, and it was almost a lock to hear them say "more north and west of the city" every time we got a snow event.

According to the NAM i will be able to watch it snow 15 miles to my NW for 15 hours before it decides to inch SE it is going to be fun radar hallucinating day.

That will be interesting to watch unfold. Seems like when it comes it will come in a wall. I may have to take a little drive depending on where/if it stalls.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Up to an inch possible extreme SE PA (lower montco, delco, phl, lower bucks). Off and on flurries today. Steadier precip moves in tonight as rain then ending as a period of wet snow Wednesday am. Grass accumulations in those areas. N and W of there will be a mix tonight ending as snow. Up to 2" accumulation. Then once you get North of Quakertown and West of Pottstown should be all snow with 3-6" higher amounts (4-8") into the Lehigh Valley and Poconos with 10" lollis.

17 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Up to an inch possible extreme SE PA (lower montco, delco, phl, lower bucks). Off and on flurries today. Steadier precip moves in tonight as rain then ending as a period of wet snow Wednesday am. Grass accumulations in those areas. N and W of there will be a mix tonight ending as snow. Up to 2" accumulation. Then once you get North of Quakertown and West of Pottstown should be all snow with 3-6" higher amounts (4-8") into the Lehigh Valley and Poconos with 10" lollis.

Those amounts could very well verify. State College bumped the northern half of Schuylkill County up into the 6-8 range on the Probabilistic maps.

26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

What about. Right in quakertown?  Im thinking 2-3

Those amounts could very well verify. State College bumped the northern half of Schuylkill County up into the 6-8 range on the Probabilistic maps.

Im going with the trends thus those totals. Slightly stronger coastal, quicker development, closer to coast. Thats also why it rains now in extreme SE PA during the heart of the precip. Saw some flakes here already anyway so if anything, the Wiggum Rule worked out again (snow within 5 days of hitting 60F during mid winter).

Hrrr has rain all the way up into Berks tonight. Trend shouldnt be ignored. Will be a tight gradient between very minor accums and warning criteria snows. Farther N and W better, but we already knew this. Reminds me of the March 13 event last year where mesos kept pushing rain line West but folks overlooked it and hugged the globals.

Hrrr has rain all the way up into Berks tonight. Trend shouldnt be ignored. Will be a tight gradient between very minor accums and warning criteria snows. Farther N and W better, but we already knew this. Reminds me of the March 13 event last year where mesos kept pushing rain line West but folks overlooked it and hugged the globals.
I don't see it making it that far north, but to each his own. They also said no accumulation this morning and roads will be wet. I've got snow covered roads and light snow falling

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I don't see it making it that far north, but to each his own. They also said no accumulation this morning and roads will be wet. I've got snow covered roads and light snow falling

Although 12z nam even pushes rain into southern most part of the Lehigh County

Archived