Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 14-15th Clipper System

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Another inch of clipper snow with a trailing inch of LES followed by arctic air...wash, rinse, repeat

That's not so bad. You might be begging for that by January 31.Perusing some of the overnight AFD implies this clipper may have a little more oomph to it than some of the previous ones-at least for areas south and west of Michigan. Even saw MKE discuss lake enhancement. 

13 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Assuming this doesn't trend further north, (though it probably will as has been the case with these northern stream systems this winter), there will be another decent lake effect event potential for NE Illinois and NW Indiana. 

Any thoughts on this?

Potentially...but still too far out to consider...especially as all potential NE IL LES events this "winter" have failed.

Just now, beavis1729 said:

Potentially...but still too far out to consider...especially as all potential NE IL LES events this "winter" have failed.

Well than I guess we can pretty much write off all future LE events in NE IL in the future. That makes it simple.

12z Euro is farther north with surface low compared to GFS, overall not as good of a look for northern Illinois and northwest IN, better for WI. Limits duration for here to Sunday evening-night mainly, whereas path of GFS results in a much longer duration event and better chance for LES to work into NE IL. Still plenty of time for changes for better or for worse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RCNYILWX said:

12z Euro is farther north with surface low compared to GFS, overall not as good of a look for northern Illinois and northwest IN, better for WI. Limits duration for here to Sunday evening-night mainly, whereas path of GFS results in a much longer duration event and better chance for LES to work into NE IL. Still plenty of time for changes for better or for worse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18z GFS is north. The trend has begun. Congrats UP.

geez, can we catch a break?

1 hour ago, Baum said:

Well put. It disappoints me when Chicago posters become whiners. 

It's not about whining; many of us (me included) simply love winter and have certain expectations, i.e. that it looks and feels like winter during the winter...just like it looks and feels like summer in JJA.  Seasons being seasons. :)

Winter should be a season and a mood...not just discrete events.

It's kind of like being a Cubs fan from 1909-2015.  You had high hopes every year.

1 hour ago, Baum said:

Well put. It disappoints me when Chicago posters become whiners. 

Dude you've been whining this whole time. And what, you're telling me now it's suddenly not okay to compare how your region is doing vs. your seasonal average? Especially relative to others? On a weather forum? 

Chicago and MKE have had a terrible season, objectively speaking. If you love winter, you're allowed to be displeased.

Archived