• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ORH_wxman

January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, started right as snow in some places up there yesterday.

Most of Aroostook even Madawaska and Fort Kent did get some rain yesterday (not like here) but then the snow took over last night and will make up for any damage that might have been done to the pack in snowmobile country up there.  Nice picture LavaRock posted.  

Roads were a disaster this morning too... stuck bus closed the road to and from the ski resort for about an hour this morning. 

Certainly one of the more impressive flash freezes and change in sensible weather that you could draw up.

From almost 60F to 5F now in 24 hours.  Single digits after it felt almost humid yesterday. 

53 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

weakest cf passage ever.  took till 6pm to drop to 32f

The flash freeze was a joke. Should have taken down advisories this morning.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The ice jam flooding in Vermont and NY has been pretty amazing as the reports and photos continue to come out.

This was in Johnson just north of Stowe.

This is about a classic break up ice jam scenario as you can get. 

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Roads were a disaster this morning too... stuck bus closed the road to and from the ski resort for about an hour this morning. 

I know that package store from when my daughter went to Johnson State

Station            Precip   Temperature   Present         Snow
                   24 Hrs   Max Min Cur   Weather     New Total SWE
...Vermont...
Mount Mansfield     1.17    53  -5  

That is one crazy diurnal spread...58 degrees between the high/low.  That might go into the record books.

• Like 1

Being out all day at games and reading thru threads.. man there are some disgruntled posters out there . Whining about flash freezes , lamenting over a 3-5” snowfall Tuesday night and worrying about a few days of 40’s after next weekend . What’s wrong?

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Being out all day at games and reading thru threads.. man there are some disgruntled posters out there . Whining about flash freezes , lamenting over a 3-5” snowfall Tuesday night and worrying about a few days of 40’s after next weekend . What’s wrong?

Just so much snow...

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One of the great thaws of my life. There is a lot of residual flooding going on. I think the frost left the ground too it was so warm so long with almost 3 inches of rain. The water poured out of the hill all day. Rivers overflowed here.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

One of the great thaws of my life. There is a lot of residual flooding going on. I think the frost left the ground too it was so warm so long with almost 3 inches of rain. The water poured out of the hill all day. Rivers overflowed here.

20180113_123500.jpg

20180113_121543.jpg

Peak high of 64...3.12inches of rain received...gusty winds knocked power out in some areas of plymouth and the cape. No flash freeze. We cooled off but no flash freeze. I think it was 64/63 and grossly humid yesterday