Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was out running in mid summer conditions in hot humid air.. there were some southerly gusts up near 50 and you couid hear occasional twigs/branches snapping. Front just came thru . Temps free falling.. couple of piles scattered around. Can take Xmas lights down today . Other than it looks like holy brown hell out there. Tuesday’s snow can’t get here fast enough 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was out running in mid summer conditions in hot humid air.. there were some southerly gusts up near 50 and you couid hear occasional twigs/branches snapping. Front just came thru . Temps free falling.. couple of piles scattered around. Can take Xmas lights down today . Other than it looks like holy brown hell out there. Tuesday’s snow can’t get here fast enough 

Same here. Few piles, but wiped out. 

getting slammed here this morning, snow continues in earnest ...several inches down 4+ but tough to say from the second floor until i get on the ground as  it is wall to wall  white...........hard to believe it was 60 only about 12 hour ago looking out the window

EDIT 

gf just looked out the window....... "whaaaat??"

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pretty much the same here minus the running

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The whole thing is overblown.  It's puddles and some running water that may freeze.

Yeah. I was sorta expecting lots of slush buildup to freeze into a glacial mess. Like many events, the precip was less than forecast and faster to move on.

My driveway, walkway, and road are clear now, so that’s a win.  A little ice won’t be a big deal.

20 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Well we may not be seeing the high totals, but we are in a band now and with the winds are seeing near-blizzard conditions at times..

Impressive to see BTV down to 1/8 visibility with +SN.  I still can't believe it was in the 60s like 16 hours ago.

KBTV 131313Z 34014KT 1/8SM R15/2000V3000FT +SN BLSN FZFG

WUNIDS_map.gif.05a3a6239d5f387d332d3dcfd5dd9566.gif

Archived