Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm excited to see your pics of the glaze later....few aspects of weather are so beautiful.

When I told him it was sunny here he didn’t believe me.  I’m to his southwest and nothing came through here heading his way but bright sunshine and windy cold weather...no Freezing Rain for him. 

final total here is between 7-8 inches here with 10 inches+ about 5 miles north closer to the border

montreal 14 inches

ottawa 7 inches

.....sooooo since i traveled out of town and missed the melt at my apartment, if i had come back to town at 6pm yesterday once it was dark instead of 4pm, and then woke up this morning to a fresh blanket and frigid tempeattures............it was as nothing ever happened even :lol::lol:

oh and also a couple shelters open around town here in swanton and johnson VT for flooding and power outages ......(for the 3-6 people lolz :P )

tremendous couple days , wild

4 hours ago, MBRI said:

Warren NH  radar says nothing  but i cant see more than 300 feet, white out conditions and sun is trying to come out

Once it transitions to upslope snow showers, you are rarely going to see it on our radar. The snow is too shallow and our beam too high to see anything.

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, started right as snow in some places up there yesterday.

Most of Aroostook even Madawaska and Fort Kent did get some rain yesterday (not like here) but then the snow took over last night and will make up for any damage that might have been done to the pack in snowmobile country up there.  Nice picture LavaRock posted.  

Roads were a disaster this morning too... stuck bus closed the road to and from the ski resort for about an hour this morning. 

Certainly one of the more impressive flash freezes and change in sensible weather that you could draw up.

From almost 60F to 5F now in 24 hours.  Single digits after it felt almost humid yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Being out all day at games and reading thru threads.. man there are some disgruntled posters out there . Whining about flash freezes , lamenting over a 3-5” snowfall Tuesday night and worrying about a few days of 40’s after next weekend . What’s wrong?

Just so much snow...

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Being out all day at games and reading thru threads.. man there are some disgruntled posters out there . Whining about flash freezes , lamenting over a 3-5” snowfall Tuesday night and worrying about a few days of 40’s after next weekend . What’s wrong?

One of the great thaws of my life. There is a lot of residual flooding going on. I think the frost left the ground too it was so warm so long with almost 3 inches of rain. The water poured out of the hill all day. Rivers overflowed here.

Archived