Newest Member
    Dano62
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Snow and sleet now in Winooski/BTV. Ground whitening now. 

8 minutes ago, Organizing Low said:

all snow now, roads white and covered,  game on!

Congrats up there...looks like a pretty nice event for ya'll.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can't believe 1P1 never mixed out. Still 36F up there in the crop circle.

Ewww....that site must be down in a crater. This was about as good as you could get for mixing out....I suppose some sun would havebeen more optimal, but how often do we get that on the east side of a cutter in January.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ewww....that site must be down in a crater. This was about as good as you could get for mixing out....I suppose some sun would havebeen more optimal, but how often do we get that on the east side of a cutter in January.

It pretty much is. I've been down to it a few times. Back a handful of years ago you had to walk through cornfields to get to it. They plowed a wide circle around the AWOS, but sometimes the maintenance wasn't performed regularly and you'd end up with grass 1-2ft tall around it. It's right along the Baker River.

topoK1P1.png

1.5"+ and still coming down. Full coverage and only lost about 3-4 inches even though i started with only 6-8" today because of some weird micro climate CAD that I've never seen here in the eastern part of the valley. Just strange as same elevation a few miles away  close to 60F for most of the day.

3 minutes ago, Organizing Low said:

thanks buddy

impressed by your post earlier that you had maintained a fair amount of snowcover, everything was nuked here but those S winds came right up the CPV just like the N winds now i suppose....

Yeah I was kind of surprised how much was still around when I was getting close to home...but we'll be done by tomorrow morning. There were already patches of grass starting to open up....so another 8-10 hours off 55F dewpoints will take care of the rest....maybe some patches left where the drifts blew up and of course the piles.

When it gets this waterlogged, might as well go clean slate.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It pretty much is. I've been down to it a few times. Back a handful of years ago you had to walk through cornfields to get to it. They plowed a wide circle around the AWOS, but sometimes the maintenance wasn't performed regularly and you'd end up with grass 1-2ft tall around it. It's right along the Baker River.

topoK1P1.png

I'm up in Warren and drove down to Plymouth today and saw 38-42 the entire trip,  Yesterday the drive up from RI   the minute we got off  93 and headed up 25  39/38/36/35 by the time I got to Warren it was  34... 

19 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

1.5"+ and still coming down. Full coverage and only lost about 3-4 inches even though i started with only 6-8" today because of some weird micro climate CAD that I've never seen here in the eastern part of the valley. Just strange as same elevation a few miles away  close to 60F for most of the day.

I saw that driving around Manchester earlier!!! Temps were all over the place. Low 40s down low and high 50s up high. 

Archived