Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This may rival April 2000 for most ridiculous weather change in about 12 hours.  April 2000 was like 60-70F in ALB one day and then 12" the next day.

BTV will go from low 60s and HUMID this evening, to possibly 6-10" of snow by noon tomorrow.  That's nuts.

Have fun with BTV in January of 1994

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBTV/1994/1/21/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=&req_state=&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Jan 26  low -25f high 0

Jan 27- low -29f  high 14 f

jan 28 low 14 high 46

Jan 29 low 10  high 43

jan 30  low -6 high 9

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We had some left then and it took 2-3 days. We just lost 100% of it in 24 hours 

Maybe you lost it but I still have several inches and about 85% of my yard is still covered.  My guess is that I'll still have patches left tomorrow just like then.

In '96 we lost about 6" a day which is about same rate as yesterday and today.  It took longer then because we had 35" to melt, not 15".

1 minute ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I'm stuck at 50 :(

Might take a drive over to the 58.

Took a drive an hour ago.  57F at my house.  1000 feet downhill on my road 42F.  It has been like that all day.  You can put your hand outside the car window and feel the change within a few hundred feet of elevation.  Can also see the change with snow on the ground.  Few bare spots up here but deep snow down the road 1/4 mile

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This may rival April 2000 for most ridiculous weather change in about 12 hours.  April 2000 was like 60-70F in ALB one day and then 12" the next day.

BTV will go from low 60s and HUMID this evening, to possibly 6-10" of snow by noon tomorrow.  That's nuts.

Won't be as impressive here stuck in the 40s all day

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Had to turn around just north of Brattleboro because the fog on I-91  is so bad. Average speed is 40-45mph.   I was not white knuckle driving all the way to Mount Washington in that sh*t.   At least the car is all packed for the morning! 

Let me guess, some a-holes were still doing 80?

Had to turn around just north of Brattleboro because the fog on I-91  is so bad. Average speed is 40-45mph.   I was not white knuckle driving all the way to Mount Washington in that sh*t.   At least the car is all packed for the morning! 
Yup. It's horrible out there. Glad you made the call to stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

So you can white knuckle it in ice!  At least you’ll where you go off the road!

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe Herb has a little in his yard now, but most do not. This killed 96

I agree that most yards will be bare but more than you think will still have some I think.  We'll have to agree to disagree about '96.  I still say April '97 melted faster.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Must be a magical hollow.

It's is...lol

Archived