Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Did ginxy mount his old cellphone to the window and set up a live stream?

Lol zoomed in screen shot  not available publically,  put in 4 cams 3 to watch the dogs and rescues in trade for me getting a weather cam. Actually very clear and covers the entire back yard.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Install.

This may rival April 2000 for most ridiculous weather change in about 12 hours.  April 2000 was like 60-70F in ALB one day and then 12" the next day.

BTV will go from low 60s and HUMID this evening, to possibly 6-10" of snow by noon tomorrow.  That's nuts.

Just now, powderfreak said:

This may rival April 2000 for most ridiculous weather change in about 12 hours.  April 2000 was like 60-70F in ALB one day and then 12" the next day.

BTV will go from low 60s and HUMID this evening, to possibly 6-10" of snow by noon tomorrow.  That's nuts.

That's awesome. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That's awesome. 

It doesn't impact many on this forum but the observations should be fascinating from the Champlain Valley...especially with nothing stopping the cold from moving in full-speed ahead.  Here on the East side it could even take another 2-3 hours to go from BTV to here just because of the mountains dividing it.

I think BTV does very well in this... a rare BTV-jackpot, ha. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

At least Brian's chickens are happy.

They were happy once I let them out to free range into the rain. Total disaster in the run. I think this is the fastest I’ve seen this much snow go too. The roof is almost snow free and it had 2ft on it 2 days ago. Just annihilated and cryin’ for its mama.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They were happy once I let them out to free range into the rain. Total disaster in the run. I think this is the fastest I’ve seen this much snow go too. The roof is almost snow free and it had 2ft on it 2 days ago. Just annihilated and cryin’ for its mama.

Should be no problem losing your pack as you said earlier, The chickens have changed you, You're one of them now.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It doesn't impact many on this forum but the observations should be fascinating from the Champlain Valley...especially with nothing stopping the cold from moving in full-speed ahead.  Here on the East side it could even take another 2-3 hours to go from BTV to here just because of the mountains dividing it.

I think BTV does very well in this... a rare BTV-jackpot, ha. 

3km NAM says next hour is the crash at BTV (from current temps to low-mid 30s by 00z). NAM and GFS are between 6 and 12" of snow after a couple hours of mixed precip.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Should be no problem losing your pack as you said earlier, The chickens have changed you, You're one of them now.

I’m still figuring everything out setup wise. I want to love extreme winter weather again. :lol: I just need to make things easier on myself. Next step is apparently gutters so I can send the water to the neighbors’ yard. 

Archived