Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol .. no you don’t. It destroys you like everyone else here. Hopefully the chickens don’t get frozen into the mud tomorrow 

Honestly yeah, I do. After last year I'd rather spread my thaws out. This is bad enough as it is. If I let them out tomorrow it will be one of those 1764 "thy chickens frozeth at pasture in mid stride" scenarios.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Honestly yeah, I do. After last year I'd rather spread my thaws out. This is bad enough as it is. If I let them out tomorrow it will be one of those 1764 "thy chickens frozeth at pasture in mid stride" scenarios.

Yes. There it is.  History repeating itself.  Chickens frozen to death in their tracks. 

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a disaster. Deluge after deluge and bouncing between 46F to 55F depending on the wind. There's an easy foot of water in my run. Looks like we're not done based on radar.I wish we could push this all east and let the ground soak it in.

I have a feeling there will be bare spots in the pack some tomorrow morning. We've got another 12-15hrs of this nonsense.

:frostymelt:

We definitely lost several inches without rain at home overnight. Snow eating fog. But the rain should be pretty brief around here on the coast, where that band set up just inland. Maybe that can minimize our damage.

Just an eraser. Although, I am noticing some interesting meso scale differences. On my so called "hill" snow is crying for mama. If I go down the road into this valley area where there is a small stream, yards have full coverage and the fog lies down that region.  I don't see how there won't be river flooding. We've had just a few passing downpours and there are torrents running down the road. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Just an eraser. Although, I am noticing some interesting meso scale differences. On my so called "hill" snow is crying for mama. If I go down the road into this valley area where there is a small stream, yards have full coverage and the fog lies down that region.  I don't see how there won't be river flooding. We've had just a few passing downpours and there are torrents running down the road. 

Hills didn't survive too well up here either. The warmer dewpoints came in a little aloft last night and the fog/stratus ate away at things much earlier than the low spots that stayed in the mid to upper 30s.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m at Stratton right now and it’s warm as hell even at the summit. This is absolutely destroying the mountain. Almost all the natural snow is gone with huge bare spots and ice 

Sad.  There goes tree skiing for a while.  I wonder how Stowe is doing up north.  I know they had more show in the woods, but this is brutal!

Archived