Newest Member
    Dano62
January 12-14 Kitchen Sink Storm Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s completely insane in Vermont right now. Near 2k and it’s warm out. The snow pack is disappearing before your eyes 

Not even 2K is safe--looks like mid 50's at 2500ft at Stratton.   Hours and hours to go to until the cold oozes in.  Obviously down here in the valley we are taking an absolute beating.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats MPM on the flood warning 

Lol,  all of you Boston area weenies think he is in the Berkshires, he is actually only about 8 miles west of Greenfield.

It might be a little heavier at his house but honestly it has not rained that hard here today.

Still 46° in downtown Greenfield which is amazing because I just came from Springfield and it was close to 60°.   Snow is already gone in the lower Valley still boundary to boundary coverage here but that won't last.

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Lol,  all of you Boston area weenies think he is in the Berkshires, he is actually only about 8 miles west of Greenfield.

It might be a little heavier at his house but honestly it has not rained that hard here today.

Still 46° in downtown Greenfield which is amazing because I just came from Springfield and it was close to 60°.   Snow is already gone in the lower Valley still boundary to boundary coverage here but that won't last.

I know where he is it’s been raining pretty hard there 

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

I know that this situation is no where near this, but do you know it it is true that there was a temperature change (warm to cold) so drastic that cattle died from it? 

Perhaps you are thinking of what is called "The Great Die Up of 1887" It was over a longer period of time but thousands and thousands of cattle died.

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Not even 2K is safe--looks like mid 50's at 2500ft at Stratton.   Hours and hours to go to until the cold oozes in.  Obviously down here in the valley we are taking an absolute beating.

I’m at Stratton right now and it’s warm as hell even at the summit. This is absolutely destroying the mountain. Almost all the natural snow is gone with huge bare spots and ice 

What a disaster. Deluge after deluge and bouncing between 46F to 55F depending on the wind. There's an easy foot of water in my run. Looks like we're not done based on radar.I wish we could push this all east and let the ground soak it in.

I have a feeling there will be bare spots in the pack some tomorrow morning. We've got another 12-15hrs of this nonsense.

Archived