Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 11-13 Winter Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stebo said:

Yep see above, would be hilarious that we have all this energy wasted on a glorified frontal passage. But hurray more Arctic weather...

What a brutal slap in the face that would be, going from a well defined LP the other day to just a frontal passage. 

Terrible!

Just now, Ottawa Blizzard said:

That Facebook page "Instant Weather Ontario" looks like a joke right now with their hint a few days ago at 40-60 cm. 

People on twitter are going to catch a lotta flack too. But there's a nuance I think a lot of people miss. There's a difference between someone forecasting that much snow, and someone  merely showing a model that was depicting that much snow and outlining the potential.

1 minute ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Doesn't feel as bad to me for whatever reason. I've grown sort of numb to it.

True. When you're born and raised in Toronto, you get used to it...although I was in Ottawa for the February 2009 bust.

First big bust I can remember is December 1997. 30 cm ended up being a flurry.

1 minute ago, Angrysummons said:

I would ignore that NAM run. It should have been going negative tilt further west than it did and even with a slightly further nw northern stream. The HRRR is already slapping it across the face for that blunder. It may not be much of a storm. But that run was a dead by 18 hours.

Give it up....this is just the nam's way of not going down without throwing a couple of punches.

1 minute ago, snowstormcanuck said:

People on twitter are going to catch a lotta flack too. But there's a nuance I think a lot of people miss. There's a difference between someone forecasting that much snow, and someone  merely showing a model that was depicting that much snow and outlining the potential.

True, and the potential was there. Oh well, the rapid temperature drop will be interesting at least.

Just now, Ottawa Blizzard said:

True. When you're born and raised in Toronto, you get used to it...although I was in Ottawa for the February 2009 bust.

First big bust I can remember is December 1997. 30 cm ended up being a flurry.

Busts have become more frequent in recent years. Almost feels like 07-08 was a hiccup year in a string of bad years preceding it and after it. 

Archived