• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 8th Light Wintry Mix Event OBS

ChescoWx

For NW Chesco - wxsim has a mix of light IP/ZR arrivng about 1pm - becoming more of an IP/snow mix toward evening and ending by 10pm - total LE of 0.10" - with a high temp 31.5.
Current Obs Mostly Cloudy
Temp 12.6
RH 77%
DP 6.8
Wind SSW 1- 3mph
Guidance blend temps 28-31 extreme SE PA. .05-.15 le mix of snow, sleet, fzra. 1pm-10pm. This is about all it could take to be a real travel nightmare this afternoon/evening. Be safe.

this has Lehigh valley and upper bucks ice event written all over it. I think say south of warminster, this will be no big deal as I think we get above freezing. just my opinion. I'm at 27F already, dew point is 15F but I just don't see us holding below freezing down here. good luck to everyone further north.

17 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

this has Lehigh valley and upper bucks ice event written all over it. I think say south of warminster, this will be no big deal as I think we get above freezing. just my opinion. I'm at 27F already, dew point is 15F but I just don't see us holding below freezing down here. good luck to everyone further north.

There is no massive push of warm air at or above the surface with this system and the surfaces are well below freezing (air temps just above freezing mean little with the temps we have had over the last two weeks).  It will most certainly be an issue much further south than you state.

Archived