• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
HAARP

It's all conspiracy talk, unless mainstream media / social media embraces it.   Like their slowly doing with UFO's...to make it seem like their all warm and fuzzy. 

Back in the ole days, anybody associated with Witchcraft was also known as a complete wacko...and sent to a ward.   but the younger generation these days seem to embrace it, and it's accepted again.  The stupefying of society from social media / and mainstream media. 

2 hours ago, snowsux said:

Are you guys talking about geoengineering seriously, or are you scoffing it off as an insane conspiracy theory?

I can't speak for everyone but there is no way out of the environmental collapse hole. Geo-engineering gives you at best a century or two extra time and it seems that many of the people behind the effort are realizing that it is a grand folly. Tackling the problem requires mass coordination on all fronts from lifestyle choices and reforestation as well as a cessation of all commercial fishing and ocean pollution.

If anything, geoengineering without the above framework makes the problem worse because the damage is hidden and more is accumulated overall. Do I believe it's happening? No. Do I believe that it has been attempted? Yes I do.

6 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

I can't speak for everyone but there is no way out of the environmental collapse hole. Geo-engineering gives you at best a century or two extra time and it seems that many of the people behind the effort are realizing that it is a grand folly. Tackling the problem requires mass coordination on all fronts from lifestyle choices and reforestation as well as a cessation of all commercial fishing and ocean pollution.

If anything, geoengineering without the above framework makes the problem worse because the damage is hidden and more is accumulated overall. Do I believe it's happening? No. Do I believe that it has been attempted? Yes I do.

How do you believe it's been attempted? HAARP? SAG (Chemtrails)? I personally try to stay pretty pragmatic about things, but I'll admit that for a while I bought into the whole chemtrail thing. I'm 40, and I most certainly don't remember seeing the sorts of long-lasting / checkerboard style contrails we've got now when I was growing up. It could just be that I wasn't paying attention back then though. I kinda like to take everything with a grain of salt, but I will admit it's pretty freaky to look up and see a sky utterly covered in contrails from end to end, and then watching it all dissipate into a milky white haze on an otherwise cloudless day. Again though, perhaps I just didn't notice it before.

7 hours ago, snowsux said:

How do you believe it's been attempted? HAARP? SAG (Chemtrails)? I personally try to stay pretty pragmatic about things, but I'll admit that for a while I bought into the whole chemtrail thing. I'm 40, and I most certainly don't remember seeing the sorts of long-lasting / checkerboard style contrails we've got now when I was growing up. It could just be that I wasn't paying attention back then though. I kinda like to take everything with a grain of salt, but I will admit it's pretty freaky to look up and see a sky utterly covered in contrails from end to end, and then watching it all dissipate into a milky white haze on an otherwise cloudless day. Again though, perhaps I just didn't notice it before.

check it out, another shill trying to play it off as crazy talk. 

It's 100% occurring.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snowsux said:

The US government's involvement with geo-engineering goes all the way back to Project Stormfury (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Stormfury). Nowadays their most prominent effort (debatable) is through ionosphere heating via ground stations (such as HAARP). They used to be more adamant about solar radiation management but have for w/e reason cut down on this effort since 2015. This chem-trail explosion began in earnest in the mid 90s with additives added to aviation fuel which were dispersed by commercial (non-military) and military aircraft. As well, the growth of aviation travel increased chem-trail coverage.

The canary in the geoengineering coal mine is of course the global warming hiatus and increased ocean mixing since 2000-2002 or so. The rate of surface temperature increase over land regions had abruptly slowed down. There are two caveats around the geoengineering problem that make it easy to dismiss.

1.) The slow-down in surface temperature warming came after the largest el nino event of the 20th century. As a result a la nina developed and cooling ensued.

2.) Lower surface temperatures as a result of aerosol emissions are a side-effect rather than a conscious effort to cool the planet. (This seems more likely as aviation fuel is much cleaner and burns more efficiently than it did in the 1990s). 

The official publicly known purpose of HAARP as a military/scientific facility is a missile defense system and/or a space defense system. It is possible as well that in the process of conducting other activities, the facility alters climate unintentionally but the effect seems minimal to date. The true forcing of all greenhouse gases emitted by human sources thus remains blunted by the negative forcing of aerosols. Intentional or not, the end result is the same. However I believe the aerosol forcing is weaker than it was two decades ago, owing to improved air quality in most regions. Especially Europe and the US.

The excuse from HAARP I found most comical is them saying their no longer using it.    yea ok, spend all this massive amounts of money building it and then saying "oh were not using it anymore....since it costs too much to operate".  ..trying to calm the public down by saying their not using it anymore....ok.    There are numerous similar installations world-wide as well.   So if it's not U.S. based HAARP, it's other countries doing their own 'experiments'.

16 hours ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

The excuse from HAARP I found most comical is them saying their no longer using it.    yea ok, spend all this massive amounts of money building it and then saying "oh were not using it anymore....since it costs too much to operate".  ..trying to calm the public down by saying their not using it anymore....ok.    There are numerous similar installations world-wide as well.   So if it's not U.S. based HAARP, it's other countries doing their own 'experiments'.

LOL........

4 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

LOL........

This topic is too rich but really an uncanny confluence of factors creating a illusion of something deeper and a possible lead to geo-engineering.

1.) Slowdown in warming over land regions between 2000-2013

2.) Weather extremes (record heat and record cold in close proximity) - system reaching hysteresis point. Think a long-drawn out Day After Tommorow but after the transition we go full on Eocene.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

Hazwoper will LOL us off as conspiracy theorists, so what's the use.

I can understand someone from Tobyhanna having the stance you have on conspiracy theories.  After all, ain't much to do in that god forsaken place.  What is your scientific background again? 

1 hour ago, hazwoper said:

I can understand someone from Tobyhanna having the stance you have on conspiracy theories.  After all, ain't much to do in that god forsaken place.  What is your scientific background again? 

I could go into a long debate/rant on why rural living is superior. You don't want that to happen. But it's not for the faint of heart - rural living. Cities are where the planet goes into overshoot.

40 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

I could go into a long debate/rant on why rural living is superior. You don't want that to happen. But it's not for the faint of heart - rural living. Cities are where the planet goes into overshoot.

There are 3,000 people in my township, I don't live in a city.

A big effort was made to cool down the west coast Winter's after WW2, especially the NW. The opposite happens after 2009, west coast ridging is amplified a lot, and I don't think this is from arctic ice. Winters 1997-2000, the eastern 1/2 of North America is anomalous warm. Specific dates in cities like NYC, London, LA, etc. There were many dates I found between 2011-2017, but I deleted them on Facebook. 

The cold spell in the Northeast this December is one example. 

Not that my opinion matters much, but I didn't believe in the chemtrail/geo-engineering crap for awhile until recently when a friend of mine presented straight-to-the-face facts that were hard to ignore. I'm not willing to argue whether the current warming is natural or man-made (probably both), but I don't doubt that the government is trying to cool the Earth down, again whether the warming occured was natural or man-made I simply don't want to debate so don't @ me.

15 hours ago, Newman said:

Not that my opinion matters much, but I didn't believe in the chemtrail/geo-engineering crap for awhile until recently when a friend of mine presented straight-to-the-face facts that were hard to ignore. I'm not willing to argue whether the current warming is natural or man-made (probably both), but I don't doubt that the government is trying to cool the Earth down, again whether the warming occured was natural or man-made I simply don't want to debate so don't @ me.

I remained pretty skeptical myself until about 9 years ago when the visual evidence became hard to ignore. Although I'd heard people talking about "chemtrails" for years (mostly through people I knew who lived on the west coast), I'd never noticed them here in the Pittsburgh area. Then out of the blue I started noticing them here. After that, about 50% of our "sunny" days here featured a trail-streaked sky which would slowly expand and dissipate into a milky, white haze throughout the afternoon. Sometimes the trails would be so concentrated that they'd cast shadows on one another. I also noticed that there were never any trails in our skies on major holidays. I have noticed a major decrease in them over the past year though, which makes me wonder if whatever program they're a part of is slowly being phased out. It's all just speculation though.

If there is an ingredient that can be added to jet fuel to create chemtrails, it is pretty special.

Jet fuel is quite tightly specified, to burn uniformly and cleanly, with a specific energy content, so there cannot be much additive because those properties must be maintained.

As an ex chemist, I can't think of a compound that would have such a substantial effect. 

Fortunately it is not necessary to add anything to the fuel to get lots of water vapor in the exhaust, vapor that makes 'chemtrails' that shield the earth from the sun's rays. 

7 hours ago, snowsux said:

I remained pretty skeptical myself until about 9 years ago when the visual evidence became hard to ignore. Although I'd heard people talking about "chemtrails" for years (mostly through people I knew who lived on the west coast), I'd never noticed them here in the Pittsburgh area. Then out of the blue I started noticing them here. After that, about 50% of our "sunny" days here featured a trail-streaked sky which would slowly expand and dissipate into a milky, white haze throughout the afternoon. Sometimes the trails would be so concentrated that they'd cast shadows on one another. I also noticed that there were never any trails in our skies on major holidays. I have noticed a major decrease in them over the past year though, which makes me wonder if whatever program they're a part of is slowly being phased out. It's all just speculation though.

That's not hard evidence of anything except that you noticed contrails that have been happening for decades. Y'all, this is not science.

14 hours ago, WidreMann said:

That's not hard evidence of anything except that you noticed contrails that have been happening for decades. Y'all, this is not science.

It never is anymore in these threads its more of a video with a guy explaining his reasoning for his outlandish thoughts. Glad we go off hunches now.

4 hours ago, so_whats_happening said:

It never is anymore in these threads its more of a video with a guy explaining his reasoning for his outlandish thoughts. Glad we go off hunches now.

Intuition is a powerful tool when provided with a dataset of information. However on it's own it's quiet useful. The additives in the fuel was merely a thought experiment rather than something I believe in. However more than likely aerosols are a significant negative forcing but they are not part of any concerted effort to cool the Earth. A recent paper was released detailing the 0.5 C additional warming that would come about if we removed anthropogenic aerosols from the atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Vice-Regent said:

So true, when u live in a big city, you just go along with whatever all the crazies around you believe in...when you go rural , you can think, and see the big picture.  

• Like 1

Here is a list of US patents relating to weather "geo engineering" Pretty hard to argue that it isn't happening after spending some time going through this. Now add in whatever the Russians may be doing and recently the Chinese and god probably doesn't even know what the end result will be. It's the "why" are we doing this that is causing all the theory's, whether conspiratorial or not. Now if multiple governments are sponsoring this sort of thing and then turning around blaming the guy driving his car to work or various industrys for dumping CO2 in the atmosphere, for all the climate change so said government can charge more taxes, well that ain't right. I dont care how you spin it.

1338343 – April 27, 1920 – Process And Apparatus For The Production of Intense Artificial Clouds, Fogs, or Mists
1619183 – March 1, 1927 – Process of Producing Smoke Clouds From Moving Aircraft
1631753 – June 7, 1927 – Electric Heater – Referenced in 3990987
1665267 – April 10, 1928 – Process of Producing Artificial Fogs
1892132 – December 27, 1932 – Atomizing Attachment For Airplane Engine Exhausts
1928963 – October 3, 1933 – Electrical System And Method
1957075 – May 1, 1934 – Airplane Spray Equipment
2097581 – November 2, 1937 – Electric Stream Generator – Referenced in 3990987
2409201 – October 15, 1946 – Smoke Producing Mixture
2476171 – July 18, 1945 – Smoke Screen Generator

2480967 – September 6, 1949 – Aerial Discharge Device

2550324 – April 24, 1951 – Process For Controlling Weather
2510867 – October 9, 1951 – Method of Crystal Formation and Precipitation
2582678 – June 15, 1952 – Material Disseminating Apparatus For Airplanes
2591988 – April 8, 1952 – Production of TiO2 Pigments – Referenced in 3899144
2614083 – October 14, 1952 – Metal Chloride Screening Smoke Mixture
2633455 – March 31, 1953 – Smoke Generator
2688069 – August 31, 1954 – Steam Generator – Referenced in 3990987
2721495 – October 25, 1955 – Method And Apparatus For Detecting Minute Crystal Forming Particles Suspended in a Gaseous Atmosphere
2730402 – January 10, 1956 – Controllable Dispersal Device
2801322 – July 30, 1957 – Decomposition Chamber for Monopropellant Fuel – Referenced in 3990987
2881335 – April 7, 1959 – Generation of Electrical Fields
2908442 – October 13, 1959 – Method For Dispersing Natural Atmospheric Fogs And Clouds
2986360 – May 30, 1962 – Aerial Insecticide Dusting Device
2963975 – December 13, 1960 – Cloud Seeding Carbon Dioxide Bullet
3126155 – March 24, 1964 – Silver Iodide Cloud Seeding Generator – Referenced in 3990987
3127107 – March 31, 1964 – Generation of Ice-Nucleating Crystals
3131131 – April 28, 1964 – Electrostatic Mixing in Microbial Conversions

3174150 – March 16, 1965 – Self-Focusing Antenna System

3234357 – February 8, 1966 – Electrically Heated Smoke Producing Device
3274035 – September 20, 1966 – Metallic Composition For Production of Hydroscopic Smoke
3300721 – January 24, 1967 – Means For Communication Through a Layer of Ionized Gases
3313487 – April 11, 1967 – Cloud Seeding Apparatus
3338476 – August 29, 1967 – Heating Device For Use With Aerosol Containers – Referenced in 3990987
3410489 – November 12, 1968 – Automatically Adjustable Airfoil Spray System With Pump
3429507 – February 25, 1969 – Rainmaker
3432208 – November 7, 1967 – Fluidized Particle Dispenser
3441214 – April 29, 1969 – Method And Apparatus For Seeding Clouds
3445844 – May 20, 1969 – Trapped Electromagnetic Radiation Communications System
3456880 – July 22, 1969 – Method Of Producing Precipitation From The Atmosphere
3518670 June 30, 1970 – Artificial Ion Cloud
3534906 – October 20, 1970 – Control of Atmospheric Particles
3545677 – December 8, 1970 – Method of Cloud Seeding
3564253 – February 16, 1971 – System And Method For Irradiation Of Planet Surface Areas
3587966 – June 28, 1971 – Freezing Nucleation
3601312 – August 24, 1971 – Methods of Increasing The Likelihood oF Precipatation By The Artificial Introduction Of Sea Water Vapor Into The Atmosphere Winward Of An Air Lift Region
3608810 – September 28, 1971 – Methods of Treating Atmospheric Conditions
3608820 – September 20, 1971 – Treatment of Atmospheric Conditions by Intermittent Dispensing of Materials Therein
3613992 – October 19, 1971 – Weather Modification Method
3630950 – December 28, 1971 – Combustible Compositions For Generating Aerosols, Particularly Suitable For Cloud Modification And Weather Control And Aerosolization Process
USRE29142 – This patent is a reissue of patent US3630950 – Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process
3659785 – December 8, 1971 – Weather Modification Utilizing Microencapsulated Material
3666176 – March 3, 1972 – Solar Temperature Inversion Device
3677840 – July 18, 1972 – Pyrotechnics Comprising Oxide of Silver For Weather Modification Use
3722183 – March 27, 1973 – Device For Clearing Impurities From The Atmosphere
3769107 – October 30, 1973 – Pyrotechnic Composition For Generating Lead Based Smoke
3784099 – January 8, 1974 – Air Pollution Control Method
3785557 – January 15, 1974 – Cloud Seeding System
3795626 – March 5, 1974 – Weather Modification Process
3808595 – April 30, 1974 – Chaff Dispensing System
3813875 – June 4, 1974 – Rocket Having Barium Release System to Create Ion Clouds In The Upper Atmopsphere
3835059 – September 10, 1974 – Methods of Generating Ice Nuclei Smoke Particles For Weather Modification And Apparatus Therefore
3835293 – September 10, 1974 – Electrical Heating Aparatus For Generating Super Heated Vapors – Referenced in 3990987
3877642 – April 15, 1975 – Freezing Nucleant
3882393 – May 6, 1975 – Communications System Utilizing Modulation of The Characteristic Polarization of The Ionosphere
3896993 – July 29, 1975 – Process For Local Modification of Fog And Clouds For Triggering Their Precipitation And For Hindering The Development of Hail Producing Clouds
3899129 – August 12, 1975 – Apparatus for generating ice nuclei smoke particles for weather modification
3899144 – August 12, 1975 – Powder contrail generation
3940059 – February 24, 1976 – Method For Fog Dispersion
3940060 – February 24, 1976 – Vortex Ring Generator
3990987 – November 9, 1976 – Smoke generator
3992628 – November 16, 1976 – Countermeasure system for laser radiation
3994437 – November 30, 1976 – Broadcast dissemination of trace quantities of biologically active chemicals
4042196 – August 16, 1977 – Method and apparatus for triggering a substantial change in earth characteristics and measuring earth changes
RE29,142 – February 22, 1977 – Reissue of: 03630950 – Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process
4035726 – July 12, 1977 – Method of controlling and/or improving high-latitude and other communications or radio wave surveillance systems by partial control of radio wave et al
4096005 – June 20, 1978 – Pyrotechnic Cloud Seeding Composition
4129252 – December 12, 1978 – Method and apparatus for production of seeding materials
4141274 – February 27, 1979 – Weather modification automatic cartridge dispenser
4167008 – September 4, 1979 – Fluid bed chaff dispenser
4347284 – August 31, 1982 – White cover sheet material capable of reflecting ultraviolet rays
4362271 – December 7, 1982 – Procedure for the artificial modification of atmospheric precipitation as well as compounds with a dimethyl sulfoxide base for use in carrying out said procedure
4402480 – September 6, 1983 – Atmosphere modification satellite
4412654 – November 1, 1983 – Laminar microjet atomizer and method of aerial spraying of liquids
4415265 – November 15, 1983 – Method and apparatus for aerosol particle absorption spectroscopy
4470544 – September 11, 1984 – Method of and Means for weather modification
4475927 – October 9, 1984 – Bipolar Fog Abatement System
4600147 – July 15, 1986 – Liquid propane generator for cloud seeding apparatus
4633714 – January 6, 1987 – Aerosol particle charge and size analyzer
4643355 – February 17, 1987 – Method and apparatus for modification of climatic conditions
4653690 – March 31, 1987 – Method of producing cumulus clouds
4684063 – August 4, 1987 – Particulates generation and removal
4686605 – August 11, 1987 – Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth’s atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere
4704942 – November 10, 1987 – Charged Aerosol
4712155 – December 8, 1987 – Method and apparatus for creating an artificial electron cyclotron heating region of plasma
4744919 – May 17, 1988 – Method of dispersing particulate aerosol tracer
4766725 – August 30, 1988 – Method of suppressing formation of contrails and solution therefor
4829838 – May 16, 1989 – Method and apparatus for the measurement of the size of particles entrained in a gas
4836086 – June 6, 1989 – Apparatus and method for the mixing and diffusion of warm and cold air for dissolving fog
4873928 – October 17, 1989 – Nuclear-sized explosions without radiation
4948257 – August 14, 1990 – Laser optical measuring device and method for stabilizing fringe pattern spacing
4948050 – August 14, 1990 – Liquid atomizing apparatus for aerial spraying
4999637 – March 12, 1991 – Creation of artificial ionization clouds above the earth
5003186 – March 26, 1991 – Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for reduction of global warming
5005355 – April 9, 1991 – Method of suppressing formation of contrails and solution therefor
5038664 – August 13, 1991 – Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface
5041760 – August 20, 1991 – Method and apparatus for generating and utilizing a compound plasma configuration
5041834 – August 20, 1991 – Artificial ionospheric mirror composed of a plasma layer which can be tilted
5056357 – October 15, 1991- Acoustic method for measuring properties of a mobile medium
5059909 – October 22, 1991 – Determination of particle size and electrical charge
5104069 – April 14, 1992 – Apparatus and method for ejecting matter from an aircraft
5110502 – May 5, 1992 – Method of suppressing formation of contrails and solution therefor
5156802 – October 20, 1992 – Inspection of fuel particles with acoustics
5174498 – December 29, 1992 – Cloud Seeding
5148173 – September 15, 1992 – Millimeter wave screening cloud and method
5245290 – September 14, 1993 – Device for determining the size and charge of colloidal particles by measuring electroacoustic effect
5286979 – February 15, 1994 – Process for absorbing ultraviolet radiation using dispersed melanin
5296910 – March 22, 1994 – Method and apparatus for particle analysis
5327222 – July 5, 1994 – Displacement information detecting apparatus
5357865 – October 25, 1994 – Method of cloud seeding
5360162 – November 1, 1994 – Method and composition for precipitation of atmospheric water
5383024 – January 17, 1995 – Optical wet steam monitor
5425413 – June 20, 1995 – Method to hinder the formation and to break-up overhead atmospheric inversions, enhance ground level air circulation and improve urban air quality
5434667 – July 18, 1995 – Characterization of particles by modulated dynamic light scattering
5441200 – August 15, 1995 – Tropical cyclone disruption
5486900 – January 23, 1996 – Measuring device for amount of charge of toner and image forming apparatus having the measuring device
5556029 – September 17, 1996 – Method of hydrometeor dissipation (clouds)
5628455 – May 13, 1997 – Method and apparatus for modification of supercooled fog
5631414 – May 20, 1997 – Method and device for remote diagnostics of ocean-atmosphere system state
5639441 – June 17, 1997 – Methods for fine particle formation
5762298 – June 9, 1998 – Use of artificial satellites in earth orbits adaptively to modify the effect that solar radiation would otherwise have on earth’s weather
5912396 – June 15, 1999 – System and method for remediation of selected atmospheric conditions
5922976 – July 13, 1999 – Method of measuring aerosol particles using automated mobility-classified aerosol detector
5949001 – September 7, 1999 – Method for aerodynamic particle size analysis
5984239 – November 16, 1999 – Weather modification by artificial satellite
6025402 – February 15, 2000 – Chemical composition for effectuating a reduction of visibility obscuration, and a detoxifixation of fumes and chemical fogs in spaces of fire origin
6030506 – February 29, 2000 – Preparation of independently generated highly reactive chemical species
6034073 – March 7, 2000 – Solvent detergent emulsions having antiviral activity
6045089 – April 4, 2000 – Solar-powered airplane
6056203 – May 2, 2000 – Method and apparatus for modifying supercooled clouds
6110590 – August 29, 2000 – Synthetically spun silk nanofibers and a process for making the same
6263744 – July 24, 2001 – Automated mobility-classified-aerosol detector
6281972 – August 28, 2001 – Method and apparatus for measuring particle-size distribution
6315213 – November 13, 2001 – Method of modifying weather
6382526 – May 7, 2002 – Process and apparatus for the production of nanofibers
6408704 – June 25, 2002 – Aerodynamic particle size analysis method and apparatus
6412416 – July 2, 2002 – Propellant-based aerosol generation devices and method
6520425 – February 18, 2003 – Process and apparatus for the production of nanofibers
6539812 – April 1, 2003 – System for measuring the flow-rate of a gas by means of ultrasound
6553849 – April 29, 2003 – Electrodynamic particle size analyzer
6569393 – May 27, 2003 – Method and device for cleaning the atmosphere

• Like 2