Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 8th Ice/Mix/Rain Event

NorthArlington101

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remembered my password, long lurker here that comes back during winter. 

25/10 at work in Elkridge. Dolly sods cam shows snow in Canaan valley. They had 15 straight days of at least a trace of snow there and this morning it ended. Pretty cool but snow depth doesn't look impressive. Need 14-15+ inches to open up the glades there. Debating leaving work to home in north Potomac early. 

32 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

33/15. First time in days I can recall it being above freezing. I'm wondering if FCPS is going to regret their call to close schools today...despite bitterly cold temps and wind chills on Friday, many parents I spoke to were already up in arms over the call to close down that day.

it is comical that we can have two straight weeks of bone chilling cold and get a little precip and temp issues.  totally predictable.  but for them to canx the whole day seemed Ludachris...like the rappper

22 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

JYO already up to 30 already, WeatherBug station right next my complex is at 27. Your guess

JYO been running warm this whole cold period if you ask me.  Usually we run close but lately I have consistently been 3*-5*F colder on my PWS - which is typically quite accurate with any wind at all (it will run warm in full sun and calm air).  

27.5* / 8 maybe 2 miles north of JYO.  Up from 16 / 4 at 4AM

Archived