Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The January 7-8th possible CAD storm

mackerel_sky

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CummingGaSnow said:

So what you're saying is if we have a prolonged period of freezing drizzle/light rain, that will help stabilize temps, and keep the heavier rain from dragging the warmer temps down to the sfc? Honestly, I don't wanna be out of power, so I'm really hoping it's just enough to look pretty. Also, it's been a long time since we had an icestorm that froze to the ground too. I love hearing the ground crunchy from ice. Your area just NE of Athens always does extremely well in these kinda situations if you can get precip in fast enough. You might be taking some georgeous pics come 24+hours from now.

Got to get precip first...Hrrr shows nothing for everyone through 17z and that's a concern.  Hard to believe a shield of precip almost 3 states wide dries up but   Nam and gfs might be too wet. 

5 minutes ago, weatherlover said:

Was the gulf states supposed to be as active tonight as it shows on radar?   If not, that could bode well for us in NC/SC

It's supposed to be stronger on the gulf coast , that's where the main low is supposed to be , all of our limited moisture is coming from MS/AL sliding East 

Archived