• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
Ericjcrash

1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Not going to make it to the boardwalk, not for a while anyway. The walks are all impassable and things too fierce. We have to be gusting to around 50. The falling snow is still in a lull compared to before but the blowing component makes visibility horrendous anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ag3 said:

This is up there is one of the greatest bands we've had.

Easily. Heaviest sustained snow I've seen since Feb 6 2010 (I know, bad word around here). 

Radar returns are starting to diminish on LWX. Some pretty good bands were going this morning West of DC. They must be pissed off down there.

Just now, sferic said:

With the deep snow cover we prayed for, how low for max and min temps tomorrow and Saturday ?

Guidance is still pretty high only showing 6-7 for NYC.  I'd be surprised if they were not at least 1-2 at the warmest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

No you can already see it's not advancing much. With that said it's still pretty much dumping here

Yeah we won't get the higher amounts but we will do alright. I think we may get to 8.

Somebody is definitely going to crack 20" along the NJ coast...already plenty of reports greater than 10" and that was at 10 am.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

the same reason Interstate 84 is always some sort of climatological cut off, whether its R/s Dry air etc...just climo points IMO 

Most landmarks like cities or highways aren't just arbitrarily placed, but rather shaped by the topography and/or geography of the region, and those same factors obviously influence microclimates.

• Like 1

Just now, Juliancolton said:

Most landmarks like cities or highways aren't just arbitrarily placed, but rather shaped by the topography and/or geography of the region, and those same factors obviously influence microclimates.

how u making out up there, im at 5"

3 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

literally 0 visibility for the past 90 minutes here in Pleasantville NY.... measured at 1030am... 4" at that time... probably over 6 now.

I'm in Tarrytown. Started out the morning with barely an inch. Now at least 3"-4" with low visibility and heavy snow. Can't measure the wind gusts, but just from the sound and frequency ... hard to believe that we're not experiencing blizzard or near blizzard conditions and hard to believe that we're not getting it much worse than expected.

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Radar returns are starting to diminish on LWX. Some pretty good bands were going this morning West of DC. They must be pissed off down there.

Yep.  I am 20 miles due west of D.C. and I received about 1/4”.  Schools were still closed.  And federal government had a 2-hour delay.

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

how u making out up there, im at 5"

Nice! I'd guesstimate 3" but trying to get anything close to an accurate measurement is a major fool's errand with all the blowing and drifting. There was already snow on the ground so I'm not sure what the protocol is supposed to be in cases like this.

Band in southern NJ is starting to pivot to the east again. I think we've seen the western extent of the ridiculous heavy snow for our area. It should stabilize for a time and then drift back east. 

6 minutes ago, masomenos said:

Somebody is definitely going to crack 20" along the NJ coast...already plenty of reports greater than 10" and that was at 10 am.

There's no way to tell. We've had 3-4 inch an hour rates in point pleasant beach since 7:30. 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

LOL.  I think JFK and LGA are not measuring right.  6 and 4 respectively as of this hour

I mean, it's really impossible to say how much I have. I'd say 8" or so but that's really a guess. Parts of my backyard have 2 foot drifts, parts are almost bare.